Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking on this forum for awhile. I am learning new things about this beautiful breed every time I log on!

I was a proud Golden Retriever owner for just about 16 yrs. My Golden's name was Jasmin, my then fiance and I purchased her from a byb when she was 10 wks. old.

I cannot describe how much joy Jasmin brought to my life and the lives of others!

Jasmin passed Dec. 21, 2006 of the most common kind of bleeding splenic tumor.

That was one of the most horrible days of my life. She was my very best friend through both the most wonderful times of my life and some of the worst times, and 2 long term relationships.

My significant other Gottfried was fortunate enough to have cared for my girl Jasmin for the last 6 months of her life. Gottfried carried her up and down a flight and half of stairs to go outside. Luckily he is a very strong man, she was 91 lbs. at that time.

Gottfried kindly mentioned I might want to take some time to work through the grief of the loss of Jasmin. I agreed with him, I thought I would start looking for another pup in about a year. That idea did not last for more then three months. I decided to go with another breed so I would not be comparing the next Golden to Jasmin.

I am now a proud Mom of 2 German Shepherd Dogs, a 8 yr. old female and a 9 month old male. They are incredible dogs in every way, but Jasmin will always be my number one.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Oaklys Dad, I am looking forward to being able to add Golden pup in the near future. How far downeast are you, I have family from Whiting, Dennysville and Calais.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Hello and welcome, sounds like Jasmine had a wonderful & long life with you - they leave such a massive hole in our lives when they leave

Reactions: wjl1970

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your Jasmine was special girl, but then every dog is special on his/hers on way. I am glad they make you happy again.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Whitney

Whitney

Welcome to you-I am so very sorry about your Jasmine.
I believe EVERY dog is special in their own way.
Would love to hear about and see pics of your German Shepherds!!!
Hope you hang around this forum!!

Reactions: wjl1970
1 - 7 of 7 Posts