Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got two Golden Retrievers, though I only consider one truly mine, as she certainly "picked me".Ellie is my really active 20 month old female, and I'm training her for agility and maybe some just-for-fun-freestyle. Teddy, is more like our family dog, and he's a total couch potato but we love him. :D

Ellie:

Teddy:

·
i lub alda mi prens
1,083 Posts
Hey there Skye :) Where are you in NC and where are you training? I have a very active pup and he needs some agility as well. :)

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Hi and welcome from Canada :) Your dogs are both gorgeous and you came to the right place! Looking forward to seeing more pics about them and hearing about Ellie's agility accomplishments, too.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Glad you have joined us and hope you will share some pictures with us.

I have three goldens Bama, Daisy and Pawley. Also an american eskimo Shelby. I also have one foster golden Joey from our local golden rescue.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Welcome...Ellie does look like a lady and Teddy looks like a big goof ball. Look the pictures.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome:wavey: from Georgia to you, Ellie and Teddy. If you enjoy sharing pictures and stories about your Golden's you are gonna love it here.

Al & Tuff Dog

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! Janine you described the pooches perfectly lol. We're in the piedmont NC area and we train at DogLogic, obedience right now but they also have agility classes we plan on taking as soon as we finish the current classes. Right now I'm just working her at home. :) I can tell you one thing though, since he's young, foundation, foundation, foundation! It's verrry important especially to teach nice jumping form... I stupidly skipped jumping foundation with her and I really wish I hadn't. Goldens in general just looove tucking their feet under and are typically bouncy because they're hunting dogs and this position is optimal for diving into the water. Not so much for agility.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts