Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
prince's proud dad
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a great resource you have here! I run a car enthusiast forum, so its quite refreshing to see a forum dedicated to an animal I love! My lady and I own a Golden named Prince.

Got him from her cousins who decided after many Goldens (many in the past, currently one old one young) that they were ready to breed. He was born Jul 1 of 07 from a Champion line, and we've been feverishly working on training him ourselves (my cousins have owned many goldens, so we thought we'd train him ourselves).
So far, we've done all his shots and everything (we want to make sure to have the best home for him). He is neutered and enjoying life.
He'll have a heck of a time this summer with his 8 brothers and sisters (and mom and grandma too)

Things have gone GREAT so far in terms of obedience training, and he knows some tricks too :) I've managed to teach him to Dig (well, he's going to learn himself sometime anyway), Bear Sit, Shake, Sit, Stay, Lay Down, etc. I think we're doing an OK job for now :) Here's a few pics of him:

Playing with a greyhound/great dane mix

More recent:

Anyway, I didn't want to go too overboard with the pics... so thats it :) We've nicknamed him "legs" (the cousins and us). He's more agile than any other of their dogs (and was the lightest in weight of the bunch)

·
Banned
6,467 Posts
Welcome!!! :wave:

I'd love to see a pic of him in "bear sit".... I'm imagining that he sits on his butt, with his arms up...is that right??

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
Hello and welcome from me and Jester in NJ!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
What a cutie. And he looks like a smart one. He is so focused and intent in all of the pictures.

·
3 goldens
11,784 Posts
howdy and wlecoje from the Texas coast. that is an extremely handsome young many you have there. And i agree with whoever said "I love that 2ed picture of him' where he is all wet. i just want to take hold of his little face on either side and cover that beautiful face with kisses. he is adorable.

We are manipulated by our golden girl, KayCee who will be 9 in Aug. and our adopted goldehn mix girl, Honey, who turned 6 last Dec. The dog in my avatar is hunter, littermate to kayCee. Lost him 4 1/2 years ago to adverse rection to heartworm preventative injction , proheart6--pulled from the market 10 months after his death. And we lost our old "red man' golden at age 12 years 3 months last May. Godlens are a special breed and once you own one, you just can't be without one.

My girls must be smarter than you boy--they learned to dig without me teaching them Ha ha ha

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and welcome,
Prince is a cutie and sounds really smart also. He just cracks me up in the second picture and love the one of him on the picnic table.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi and welcome from northern BC Canada. I hope we get to see more pictures of Prince...what a sweetheart. There are many great people here that hold a wealth of information...any questions you have can be answered by someone. Enjoy your time here.

·
kalkid
397 Posts
Go Blue. Actually I grew up near you and just spent a week or so with my family who still live mostly in SW Michigan. My mom and sisters all still live in the Plainwell area. Sister is actually going to law school in GR. More friends and family in South Haven and Grand Haven area as well.

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
Welcome to the board... nice to have you here!!! You'll have to keep your eyes peeled to the "events" board, as we have many Michigan get-togethers at various parks across Michigan during the nice months... that is if you're interested lol!!! Nice to meet Legs!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts