Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :wave:,

So glad to have joined this forum...looks like a great place. We have an 11-year-old male Golden, Coby TheSpoiledRottenGoldenRetriever. And, a puppy is on the way.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Bonnie

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Welcome to the board.

I just recently moved to Missouri from Massachusetts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome. We are also in located in Massachusetts and just got our first golden puppy in June. Will you be getting your new pup from a local breeder?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Congratulations on your new puppy. Have you picked out a name yet? Glad you have joined us and if you have any questions just jump in. There is alot of great information in the puppy section and training section of the forum.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to GRF. Please make yourself at home here. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you current and soon to be pup.

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Up above is Coby, with tennis ball in mouth, of course. This is possibly the best pic we have of him. He absolutely hates the camera...it's evil, and he'll stuff himself into the nearest crevice to avoid having his pic taken.

The pup was born yesterday, so in eight weeks we'll be able to bring him home. Needless to say, we are very excited. We know Coby's nose will be out of joint, but since I'm not working anymore, I'm hoping to alleviate any hurt feelings on his part when the puppy arrives. I'll keep you posted on that one :D

Bonnie

P.S. No final name, but we're leaning toward Sam.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Welcome from northeast MA. Coby is a beautiful boy!

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
:wavey: Hello and welcome :wave:

I'm also from Massachusetts. Coby is a handsome boy!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Welcome from another used-to-be-Massachusetts-er! My folks live in Deerfield (north of Amherst) in northwestern Mass.

This is a GReat forum! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
Welcomer from Maine. Hopefully Coby will love your new pup but then also help teach some nice manners by being a tiny bit strict, lol. Do you have a name picked out for the youngster?

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, lots of Massachusetts people! I'm in Groton, so I'm close to most of you. The new guy's name will probably be Sam, but we're still open to other possibilities. Someone asked if the breeder was local (sorry, forgot your name). Yes, she's from New Hampshire, Carol Manthorne.

We are hoping Coby will teach the new guy some good manners...that would be great. Right now, I'm just hoping he and the pup will get along, given that Coby's been the star for 11 years now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts