Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined for Maisie and myself a week or so ago. She's my first Golden puppy and joined our family mid-September. We've had two rescued adult Goldens before this, but we're new to puppy life. So far we're having a great time.

She's a so-called English Standard Golden Retriever -- vanilla colored with a black button nose, black-lined eyes and dark skin under her light fur. We're off to a good start on training, I think. She's a bit skittish, especially with men, so our trainer has us visiting the sidewalk outside the neighborhood library and grocery every day where she meets lots of friendly people who pet her and give her treats.

I'd post a few pictures, but I'm not sure how to do it -- such a newbie...

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi and welcome. I have to say the best place to socialize a pup is in parking lots and around stores. Your pup will met and see so many different things. I make sure I do this with all of my dogs.

the easiest way to upload pictures is to set up a photobucket account. You can download your pictures there and edit then if need andthen copy and paste them here.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Welcome to the forum. She is soo sweet.

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

...for the welcome. I'll post some more photos -- Maisie's getting toward 6 months -- when I get my blasted iPhone software updated and working again. Argh...

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Congratulations on your puppy, and welcome to the forum. It sounds like your trainer gave you excellent advice.

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maisie's "Formal" Name

Maisie will be 6 months old on Saturday. Today, I finally got around to her AKC registration. Her registered name is Upsie Daisie Maisie! Pretty silly, I know, but fitting for a dog who spends so much time upside down asking for belly rubs.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Lol, cute name! My Toby is "Rachel's Topsy Turvy Toby" for the same reason, spending too much time upside down and rolling around, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts