Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to have found this forum! Three years ago, my husband gave me a golden for Christmas and it didn't take us long to decide that we never wanted any other breed, ever again! Our sweet lovie, Lola, passed on in November, just barely two years old.

We finally decided we were ready for another dog and yesterday we chose a 7-week old female and we're bringing her home a week from tomorrow. I'm looking forward to learning from others here as we start the whole puppy raisin' process over again ... hopefully we are as fortunate with this one as we were with Lola :crossfing:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry about your Lola-how very sad to lose one so very young. I am sure the new puppy will be putting lots of smiles on your face.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome! It's always tough to lose a dog, especially when they are so young and it's unexpected. I didn't think hubby would ever come around to the idea of getting another one, but he is finally there :)

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
I didn't want to ask first, but I wonder, what happened to Lola to lose her so young?
Anyhow, welcome to our forum, I am sure you'll meet lot of new friends here.
Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our best guess is that she had a weak heart that we didn't know about ... one minute I was watching her outside kind of rolling around on her back like she was loving the rare-for-November sun and a few minutes later I noticed she was still in that position but not moving and by that time, it was too late. We noticed the night before that she was tiring quicker than usual, but it hadn't alarmed us at that point. It was just odd. She lived a good life while she was here though.

(BTW, love the Twain quote!)

·
Bailey's Mom
692 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for the pics of Lola - she does indeed appear to be a Lovie! It's amazing how quickly a golden can become part of the family. I'm sure lessons you learned raising Lola will come back to you when the new puppy arrives. I'm excited for you!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :wavey: I am sorry to hear about your sweet Lola. :( She was a beauty. I am sure your new pup will be loved very much. Have you thought of any names yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all :)

I do have a little list of possible names going, but I think we're going to watch her for awhile to see what kinds of personality traits emerge before settling on one. Lola was with us for about three days, I think, before we named her.

Possibles: Georgie, Kiki, Maxine (Maxie), Coco, Sasha, Isabella (Izzie), Lilly, Sugar ... or maybe Laka (gentle in Hawaiian), Ipo - (sweetheart in Hawaiian), Momo (peach in Japanese aka round and fuzzy like she is)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thank you all :)

I do have a little list of possible names going, but I think we're going to watch her for awhile to see what kinds of personality traits emerge before settling on one. Lola was with us for about three days, I think, before we named her.

Possibles: Georgie, Kiki, Maxine (Maxie), Coco, Sasha, Isabella (Izzie), Lilly, Sugar ... or maybe Laka (gentle in Hawaiian), Ipo - (sweetheart in Hawaiian), Momo (peach in Japanese aka round and fuzzy like she is)
Welcome to the forum HoosierGal!... I like "Sugar" the best out of those :)

Oh, and GO HAWKEYES :D

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Welcome! I am so sorry for your loss :( Congrats on the new baby. We have a new female puppy, too! Her name is Keira, but her nickname (that I can repeat on this forum LOL) is Kiki. We also have a ten month old male, Starlite.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi, welcome! your pics are great, you must be so excited to be getting a new fur baby...so sad about lola...my condolances...as for the new one...I like "sugar" too...it jumped instantly from the list at me :D

·
crazy for goldens!
844 Posts
Welcome to the group! I'm sorry to hear about your loss...only two years old. YOur new baby is a cutie though....hmmmmmmm....i like momo

mary jean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts