Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Golden site we used before apparently has disappeared, or there is a problem. :no: We posted photos and followed the thread history from almost day one. Not exactly sure what has happened, but after checking out this site, I think we may have found a new home. :)

Regardless, Hello! :wavey: River is our Golden boy. Born May 4, 2008 in Boone, NC, he was one of 7 pups and the pick of the litter. River is our first golden, though pets have been members of our family forever.:)

Our middle son, Jon and his wife have River's older brother,Bear, from two previous litters. We loved Bear so much that we just had to have a Golden. So, one day Jon called and told us Bear's mother, Maggie, was having another litter of pups, so here we are, 20 months later.

I've attached photos of River from 5 weeks through various stages of his first 20 months. He weighs in at 92 lbs of pure puppy love. What a joy to be around. River loves everything and everyone.

Attachments

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum... glad you've joined us. Your boy is so handsome. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?? Jump in and join the discussions and have fun!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to GRF. Your River is a very handsome boy. Please make yourself at home here and be sure to keep posting lots of pictures.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Your River is just gorgeous. He has a beautiful coat. So are you a Tide Fan or Auburn Fan? LOL Just kidding. As you can see from my signature I ama Bama fan as my pup is named Bama. He came from a friend in Alabama that bred goldens. Bama's grandmother is also named River. Glad you have joined us

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome!!! Glad you found us. River is one handsome dude!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome...

I sincerely appreciate the friendly and encouraging welcome. Like I said in my the intro, even before we took River home we had a Golden website we enjoyed with lots of on-line friends. I just recently tried to log in and received error messages as though the website has disappeared. I guess it happens. Here is the name of the site. Any of you familiar with the site and what may have happened to it? www.topgoldenretriversites.net
If not that OK. Just thought I would ask. :eek:fftopic:

One other quick thing. How do you get the dateline for your dog below your post? That pretty neat.

Again, thank you for the welcome and I look forward to learning and sharing with new friends. :311hi-thu

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
There are several websites that let you make the tickers. The websites name is usually right on the ticker itself. Then you just add it to you signature in your user control panel.

One other quick thing. How do you get the dateline for your dog below your post? That pretty neat.

·
Maggie Mae's Mom
5 Posts
Adorable Pics!!

River is gorgeous!! Love your pictures, especially the ones in front of the lake. The light was just right!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I just joined this forum as well. we have a 5 mth old golden boy.
River is stunning :) We don't live to far from you, down in Cullman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for GR Pups

Hi! We are also from Huntsville and are currently looking for our first gr pup! Do you know of any reliable local breeders? River is GORGEOUS! Do you happen to breed him? We are willing to drive within 100 miles if you know of any sources you could recommend.
Blessings!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts