Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LakeRunner
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

We lost our golded retriever Petey on October 2nd. He was 14yrs old and the rock in our family. It has been hard without him. I found this sight a couple of days ago and have begun the process of researching a new puppy. I look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge shared on this forum.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to GRF and so very sorry for your loss. Getting golden puppy when I lost my Arby did wonders with my grieving process. I wish you all the best in your puppy search.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum....sorry to hear about Petey. Good luck on the search for your new puppy (family member)!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. We lost both of our goldens within 6 months of each other several years ago. We adopted an 11 month old GR a little over a year ago while living in Jackson Hole, WY. Now we're in the Alexandria, LA area...practically neighbors!

Sylvia

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Welcome from Lake Charles! I have three goldens, and we compete in obedience trials (well, my five month old puppy won't be competing for awhile, I'll give him a couple of years to grow up).

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
I am so sorry about the loss of Petey. It is good that you are bringing in another puppy to help with the pain. It doesnt take all the pain away but it does help. Good luck with your puppy search.
I would get reading in the puppy section because after not having a puppy for 14 years you forget everything. At least I know I did. My Beau was 11 when I got another puppy. Forgot how much work puppies were. But it was worth it for my Bama bear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts