Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ? I’m new here! I adopted Romeo in December! He’s a little over a year old, and is super sweet! This is my very first time owning a Golden! He was not house trained so we are working on that, and crate training. Loves walks, but is very nervous ? everyday though he gets better and better! Here’s a pic of him. ? just wanted to say hello!

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,375 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations on your adoption of Romeo, he's a handsome guy.

Did you adopt him through a GR Rescue? Reason I am asking, since you said you are from GA, if you adopted him through Adopt a Golden Atlanta, they are a huge GR Rescue with lots of resources available to their adopters-they have trainers and training facilities they use too. There is another GR Rescue in Atlanta, I am not as familiar with them though.

It's not uncommon for an adopted dog to have an adjustment period, most of them need a few weeks to settle in, relax and get adjusted to a new environment and routine.

You may want to start a thread for Romeo in this section with updates, pictures and the progress he's making so members can follow along.

·
Super Moderator
1,625 Posts
He looks like quite the Romeo! We have a rescue, as well, and have loved the experience. Thank you and welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ? I’m new here! I adopted Romeo in December! He’s a little over a year old, and is super sweet! This is my very first time owning a Golden! He was not house trained so we are working on that, and crate training. Loves walks, but is very nervous ? everyday though he gets better and better! Here’s a pic of him. ? just wanted to say hello! View attachment 869900
Bless your kind heart for adopting a Golden that needs help and support. He is beautiful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts