Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!!

We live in Central Florida, land of sunshine and tourists :wave: I've been a health & safety inspector/supervisor since I graduated from college eons ago--first for the state and more recently for the local school district. I have a son that turned 18 today (unbelieveable but true)--he graduates this year and will go to college next year, most likely on a football scholarship. My daughter is in 8th. We have two goldens, the glamorous Shaker and the goofball Berr plus a Maltese (Daisy, who thinks she's going to be a golden retriever when she grows up) and a blue point siamese my son rescued from a sack in a drainage ditch when he was 4 or 5 weeks old (Tink, aka "his holiness" who can't believe we have all these dogs when we have him, for goodness sakes).

Thanks Cham, for the guidance!!!! We're glad to be here!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Welcome!! Look forward to pictures of your pups and kiddos!! I suppose a few pictures of the 'Prince Tink' would be ok to!! <grin>

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello from a fellow floridian,
I am from Jacksonville and have two goldens 1 Beau almost 11 yrs, 1 Bama almost 7 mo, and an eskie Shelbylynn. Also have 3 cats Samantha 13, George 7 and Star 2. I am a rife of a retired Marine and grew up in here. Nice to see people from the other place coming over to here. I think you will like it and lots of great people.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Hi there :wavey: and welcome. This is a great forum. I have 3 goldens and 2 labs. Don't forget to post some pictures!!

·
Now moving toward 2,000!
1,906 Posts
Good to see you over here, Dogrunner. I just found my way over today, too.
It's funny you found your way here today, because I found my way back to ChatEvo just today after being away for ages!:)

Welcome, Dogrunner! This is an active, friendly (most of the time;)) place with lots of great pics and information!!:):)

·
3 goldens
11,675 Posts
Hello from the Texas coast, also land of sun, sand, Palm trees, tourists and winter Texan. Loved you intto. I am Mom to kayCee, 8 1/2, full golden, and Honey, 6, adopted golden mix who KNOWS she is full golden and we don't tell her any different. Boys are grown, married and we have 3 grandkids. Hubby is cross crountry truck driver, so just me and the girls most of the time.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Dogrunner, my fellow Africamer !! :D Haven't seen a lion yet but did see a leopard I believe !!
I wondered where you went!!! I saw 2 lions (off in the distance, just walking by) last Wednesday or Thursday :D Haven't seen a leopard--how cool!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Dogrunner, This place is wonderful. Lots going on, tons of info and nice people too. I think we'll fiit in well here don't you? :wavey:

·
<---- Andy Farmer!
5,885 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
And about that Africam....huh! All I hear is those damn crickets (which I hear in St Louis) and Deer (which I see in St Louis)....starting to wonder about that cam LOL

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It takes luck and patience....I lucked out--the very first time I went on the site, I saw zebra at the water hole :D Hand in there and something interesting will wander by the camera eventually!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts