Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am getting a Golden Retriever puppy in 2 weeks time! In the meantime I am doing some research into how to best care for him as he will be my first dog. There is no Golden Retriever forum in the UK, so I have joined up here to look for advice.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to GRF. There are lots of posters here from England. Please make yourself at home here. I'll bet you are excited about your new puppy.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Welcome! I can't wait to see pictures of you new puppy.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Welcome from Maryland ... can't wait to see pictures of you new puppy. Do you have a named picked out?

·
Kristy
10,429 Posts
Hi there! My household has a new puppy named Duncan and he's 9 weeks... we'd love to hear all about your new baby and all your adventures when he arrives. Give us the scoop, name, age etc. It's fun to compare stories!

Welcome.... the people here are fantastic - very kind and so knowledgeable!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

We have a very large group of members from the UK. There is a great amount of information in the puppy section and training section of the forum. We have a social group from the UK also. It is located in the community section of the forum. Located under your name in the brown strip

User CP GalleryBlogs FAQ ChatBox Full Invite Friends Donate Community Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Product Reviews Log Out

Glad you have joined us and hope you will share some pictures and stories about your little pup.

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I am Patsy from sunny Scarborough. There are lots of UK memnbers here and if you look at social groups you will find there is one for UK golden lovers. Where aouts in the Uk are you?
Looking forward to hearing all about your puppy as I currently do not have a dog since I lost my beautiful Meg 2 yrs ago. I just so enjoy coming on here and sharing everyone elses!
Enjoy.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site i am one of the UK members i live in Kent its a great site.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Hi and Welcome! My name is Chris and I live in the West Midlands with my two goldies Magic and Jazz.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everyone

thanks for all the lovely welcome messages, that is so nice. I am living in Southampton, Hampshire.

Our puppy was born on December 1st and we can't agree on a name for him! We have 4 children too, aged from 9 - 18, so it is hard to find something we all like. I will have a go at putting a picture in, and also have a look at the social group. Thanks for the tip.

not sure how to do a pic yet - sorry if this is too big/wrong

Anna

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Anna, thanks for the pic of your new pup, he is absolutley gorgeous!!! This is a great place to get loads of advice and just share experiences... plus loads of photo's of course!!

(By the way I'm from the west country and have Obi (4) and Izzie (3).

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Aww, he's just too cute for words! Looking forward to following his development on here. Keep the pics coming.
Oh just to add - my brother and his family moved down to Southampton to live a few years ago. Romsey actually.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi we just got our puppy a week ago and have just joined the forum. i bet you are so excited, you are in for a fab time.im in kent. do you have to go a long way to get her?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, we don't have to go far. He can also go back for his holidays which will be nice. I am actually quite anxious as I have never had a puppy before.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts