Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many new member threads here, and am comforted to know I'm not alone--not just in my love of the breed, but in the heartache of having lost a huge piece of my heart. Our Libby Lou left us on May 2, 2011, the day after my birthday. She'd been ill for a couple of weeks (the vet said canine parkinson's, which was totally new to me). My birthday was a surprisingly good day, during which she was upbeat, played w/some friends, etc. I was happy for her AND my daughter & I, that we all had what turned out to be our last good day together...
Like many of you, I was totally lost without my Libby. But from my grief came a new wonderful chapter. My vet told me about a Golden rescue group, As Good as Gold. We joined, and soon agreed to be a foster home. We expect our first little foster girl, Isabella, very soon. She's a "Comfort Golden," aka Golden Cocker Retriever. I actually found this forum, looking for info on this new hybrid. I'm so thankful to have found this group!

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
Welcome to the board. I am sorry for your recent loss of Libby Lou. Thanks for opening up your home to become a foster.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,574 Posts
Welcome to you.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of Libby Lou, my heart goes out to you as I know it's only been a short time since she passed.

Glad to hear you decided to open your heart and home to be a foster for as Good As Gold. Hope you will post pictures of her in the Rescue Forum section, those of us who help with Rescues love seeing the fosters and hearing all about them. Both of my Goldens were adopted-my girl from CFGRR and I recently adopted a young male from my County Humane Society after my old boy passed.

I use to live in several of the Chicago Suburbs for many years before moving to the NC Coast.

Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry about your loss of Libby Lou. It hurts so much to lose them. I am currently living in the UK but moving back to my home in the northern suburbs of Chicago. I also plan to join As Good as Gold and see where I can help. I would love to foster but that will have to wait until sometime after we get our new puppy. So glad to hear that you are helping such a worthy organization as you try to mend your broken heart.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome
I am saddened by your loss of Libby Lou...... may she run free at the Rainbow Bridge.
As Good as Gold sounds like a winner. Rescue and fostering are so much needed.
God bless and be well friend.
Al & Tuff

·
Registered
57 Posts
Losing a dog hurts as much as losing a child. They form such a key part of a family that they leave a big hole when they are lost. I hope your new pup gives you as much pleasure as mine is giving us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts