Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Hello from Central PA

1K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  LuvMySophie 
#1 ·
Sophia Grace is my 3 mo. old Golden Girl. I fostered 2 Golden Retrievers '09. I FEEL IN LOVE! I have a 3 yr. old N/M GSD who did not fall in love with them. I found them wonderful homes (tore my heart to pieces). I see them & keep in contact with their new families via e-mail:) My husband agreed to a GR female pup. We brought home Sophie Dec. 6th. My GSD & 2 other dogs accepted Sophie well:) She knew "sit" by end of her first week & "down" by end of 2nd week. She does "come" when she chooses & will give "paw" a.k.a. "shake". We started puppy kindergarten today! She seems a lil' nervous or unsure around the other dogs (we have a 5 yr. old Yorkie, 18 mos. Golden mix & 3 yr. old GSD here at home) @ class but LOVES PEOPLE! I take Sophie to Pet Smart @ least once a week. Haven't gotten out for walks yet (mid 20's to low 30's outside). We live in the Mountain so don't see alot of people or traffic up here. I hope to get her CGC cert. & take her to visit Nursing homes & hospitals when she gets older. Anyway, that's a lil' bit 'bout us. I am looking forward to being apart of the Golden Retriever group. They are WONDERFUL dogs! Amy T:)

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum,
It sounds like she is smart as she is pretty. Glad you have joined us and hope you will share pictures of your whole family. We love all dogs here. Bless you for rescuing two goldens and finding their furever home.

#8 ·
Welcome from Pittsburgh- Formerly from Indiana and Duncansville, PA! (A little more Central PA than I am now!)

Congratulations on your 1st golden. Photos? :) We'd love to see Sophia as she continues to grow!

Keep working with her on her commands- it sounds like she'll be a natural for CGC and TDI!

#14 ·
Hey All! I'm so disappointed :( I cannot figure out how to post my ticker collar or my pics:( I have a teenager here maybe she'll be able to spare some time here with me & help me post pics. In the meantime I do have albums on my facebook! & my ticker collar:) Sophie is 3 mo. 1 wk. & 1 day old today! Going to our 2nd Puppy Kindergarten class this morning:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.