Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My name is Marita, and I have already learned SO much about Goldens from this forum, and want to thank you all for being such amazing sources of information on breeders, puppies, diets, eating raw, vaccinations, etc!

I am planning to get my new (and first!) puppy very soon, sometime next month, and I am beyond excited.

I live with my partner, Luke, in Toronto, and we are spending the summer in Vancouver, and getting our pup from a breeder there, and when he or she is 6 months old, and we come back to Toronto in September for school, we'll bring the pup back with us.

I'm not sure which breeder I'm going with yet (it's between two in BC), and so with one breeder, we will get the puppy very soon, around April 10th, and with the other breeder it would be around April 27th. I might post a thread about the troubles and questions I'm having regarding the breeders, and the choices, in another area of the forum, but for now I just wanted to say hi, especially to any of you in the Vancouver or Toronto area!

Very nice to meet you all, and thanks again for all the super helpful information available here!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome! I'm a newby also. I joined 4 months ago when we brought home Gracie. The GRForum is a fantastic resource, you will find it so helpful and fun!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum from a fellow Torontonian! I am so excited that you're getting a golden! They make such wonderful pets! And it's an added bonus that you found this site before picking up your pup as you have the opportunity to learn so much about the breed!

I am jealous you get to spend the summer in Vancouver. I would love to go there! We have a few Canadian members from the west coast. They would be able to comment on your breeder choices :)

Again, welcome to the forum!!

Kim

·
GR lover
521 Posts
HI Marita!

Greetings from a fellow Canuck from BC!!!! I adopted Storm from the SPCA so I don't have any info for you re. breeders but make sure you check with the Golden Retriever Club of BC to see if the ones you are considering are in good standing with them. www.grcbc.org

Good luck!

:wavey:

·
No more sleeps...
268 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Canadian living in Saskatchewan - you'll likely pass directly over, or directly past me as you wing or drive your way to BC. Have fun with your new pup - whichever you choose!

- Tania

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the soon to be new addition. We have lots of active members from the Toronto area. They are all great golden people.

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,880 Posts
Welcome, good luck with the decision regarding which breeder you will be chosing.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new little one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello from Ukraine!!!:) Welcome to the forum! My father now in Toronto-he has some work there. We are waiting for your golden puppy pictures:wavey:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your warm welcome! I think I have likely decided on the breeder, but have posted in the anatomy and breed standard section about some COI questions and linebreeding questions. Maybe someone might be able to help me out with that, so I can feel confidant in my breeder choice!

I will definitely be posting a lot of pictures when our (likely boy) comes! We have already picked out a name, and unless it doesn't seem to fit when we meet him, his name will be Wombat, as my partner is Australian, and they are my favourite Aussie animal :) We'll call him Womby for short. Even though I don't know what puppy is going to me mine yet, I already feel like I know Womby...is that weird?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts