Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Hello From California And Looking For A Good Breeder

593 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Riandchlo 
#1 ·
Hell All,

A little of our story. We have had a total of four goldens over the years. Our first golden Jake was purchased for $150.00 out of an ad in our local newspaper. Jake suffered from terrible orthopedic problems and needed TPO on one hip, THR on the other hip at about 8 months old along with other issues. Two months after Jakes second birthday he died from hemangio, he had a massive tumor wrapped around his heart.

Out last golden Riley was from a quality breeder that had hunting/field background and he just passed away a month ago. He was 3 months shy of his 15th birthday.

For the first time in many years, we do not have a golden to share our lives and love with. I have been looking at breeders and it seems the more I research, the more exhausting and confusing it becomes.

Is there anyone that can lead me in the right direction to a good quality breeder that truly cares about our precious goldens and improving the breed?

I have found two breeders that we are considering, but they have European backgrounds and it is very difficult to decipher the results of the clearance.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn more about what to look for in a new pup. Although I did my research before we got Riley, that was many years ago and I am definitely rusty.

So nice meeting you all!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.