Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member here of 5 days and apparantly I need to post something soon or risk being deleted. I'm not a Golden owner yet, but after I move to Calgary in May or June AND after I make sure I can afford one in the first place I plan to more seriously start looking for a breeder.
Currently I live with my parents who own a kitty cat (her name is Bessie)... and I know how much you guys like images so I've attached a few at the end.

So yeah, just saying hey. As this will be my first dog most of my posts will probably be questions pertaining to that.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Hello from a fellow Calgarian and welcome to the forum. If you don't have a pup yet NOW is the time to read and learn!!! There is a lot of good advice on here from some longtime dog owners. The better you educate yourself the better the 'puppy owning' experience is going to be!!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,002 Posts
Hello and welcome from Ontario! :) Lots of good stuff to read and feel free to ask away, we are here to help!

Make sure you check out the Puppy Buyers Checklist under "Community" on the brown bar near the top of your screen to read all about finding a responsible, reputable breeder in your area.

One of our forum members, "Ash" is in/near Edmonton and breeds some beautiful goldens under the kennel name "Chantilly" if you are looking for a place to start!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your cat is beautiful! Great idea starting to do research now! I started in October and now my pup is due in April. Definitely read up on some of the stickied threads and feel free to send me any questions (or post on the forum) and we'd all be happy to answer them for you.

Good luck in your search! I hope you find the right breeder!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! : )
I've definitely already started my research on owning a dog in general (started reading up a year ago I think.) Though it can't hurt to learn even more.
And thank you esSJay for the info. I actually have a sister up in Edmonton so it'd be a good excuse to go see her if I end up going through this "Ash" person heh.
And thanks Rainheart, I'll keep you in mind if I have any pressing questions and the forum isn't quite answering with what I'd like to know.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
Welcome!

I'm just outside of Calgary, there's certainly some nice breeders around! My two are from a local breeder and she's awesome - Goldcker is the kennel name. But depends on what you want, there are others I can suggest too.

We are planning a meetup at some point and the rate we're going it may be then before we do have something in the works...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome!

I'm just outside of Calgary, there's certainly some nice breeders around! My two are from a local breeder and she's awesome - Goldcker is the kennel name. But depends on what you want, there are others I can suggest too.

We are planning a meetup at some point and the rate we're going it may be then before we do have something in the works...
I would love any suggestions for breeders. Though I can't really check them out until I move, unless they have a website of course (which I know a lot of good breeders don't have.)

Unless I get lucky and as soon as I figure I can afford a dog one is being born I probably wont have one in time for any initial meetups. But I'd still be interested to go to meet all the dogs and do some socializing myself heh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome!

Sorry I can't PM you back, I don't have enough posts yet ><;
I'll reply to you properly after I get 10 more posts... however long that takes.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
No problem! Just keep posting here if you need to!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts