Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My wife and I are currently waiting to take home our female golden retriever we are going to name Lola. She is only 5 weeks old now, so we still have a little longer to wait! The breeder we are getting Lola from is only ~1 hour away, so we are thankful that we don't have to stress her out with a long car ride right off the bat.

My family has a half golden/half lab that lives with my parents that is almost 12 years old and the sweetest, most calm dog ever. And my brother has a 2 year old golden retriever that lives with him and his wife, and is also very sweet and is being trained well!

We are looking forward to all of the great advice these forums will have and to make some new friends! We'll be sure to post some pictures when we get her!

·
Read Only
127 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. I was in your place about 8 months ago. If you haven't raised a puppy on your own before my advice to you is find a professional trainer in your area to work with as it made all the difference for me.

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see pictures of your puppy when she comes home. I love all the puppy pics.

And great advice about the training. It really does make a big difference, although it takes time and work the pay offs are well worth it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Congrats and what a sweet name, Lola! Maggie is my first Golden and she has changed my life. I had no idea I could love a dog so much, and I love all animals. I was on a waiting list for over 3 years for a particular breed of dog that I thought was the one for me. I went to visit someone who had one but she also had a Golden. Well, I fell in love with her Golden and knew they were the breed for me. I wish you all the best and much happiness with your new little one!
Jules

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! Great name. Why did you choose it?
Thank you! That's the name my wife wanted, not really sure where she got it from. It's definitely grown on me! Just finished up getting the house around and all the supplies for the puppy. We are planning on getting her this Saturday - she'll be 8 weeks + 1 day old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lola is now 7 months old! She has been growing so fast - it's weird to look back at the first photos of her and see how small she was! Training has been going well. We've been going on several long walks a day because of the stay-at-home order in MI, which in turn has been giving us plenty of time to work on her training. Socialization has been difficult also during this time, but on our long walks we've encountered people, cars, bikes, children, and wildlife that seems to want to taunt her by letting her get super close - she's been doing way better not to go crazy, but rather sit and watch, and then listen to me when I say "let's go!" Hope everyone is doing well! Take care!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts