Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Obi's Dad
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to have found your group here and look forward to being a part of the community.

I have been touched by 3 different Goldens in my life with my current dog Obi as being a truly "life-changing" soul.

I look forward to sharing pictures and stories along with viewing yours.

Of course, there are certain personality traits with these guys that we may all be able to relate to that are fun to connect on.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
welcome from Sadie (lab) and Bridger!

Obi (RIP 1/4/2010) was the name of the Golden that introduced me to the breed. Knowing him was the most "spiritual" thing that I've known. Daily I'm still grateful he was in my life, & because of him I have a little gold dog sitting beside me now.

·
Obi's Dad
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welcome from Sadie (lab) and Bridger!

Obi (RIP 1/4/2010) was the name of the Golden that introduced me to the breed. Knowing him was the most "spiritual" thing that I've known. Daily I'm still grateful he was in my life, & because of him I have a little gold dog sitting beside me now.
Oh Spruce, so sorry:(
I trust that my post hasn't unsettled you in any way.

Some History:
Obi was named "Goldie" by the prior owner whose name was Juan.
I have a friend named Goldie and my Son really wanted a different name of his own doing. So we tossed names around and wanted one he could transition to easily.

So we tried "Obi" and he responded to it as if there was no change. Later when we got his tags made and feeling a little bad about changing Juan's original given name, it all made sense on what needed to happen on his tag.

His tag now reads:
"Obi"
(Obi Juan Kenobi)

I've done my best to attach 3 pics of Obi ... commonly referred to as "Da Obers" or "The Ober Dog"

I could give you a longer history but the short version is that upon going through a difficult break-up 20 years ago, I had a beautiful Golden named Gus. He went through thick and think with me and once we made it to our new life, I knew I was going to create a great life for him but I made a huge mistake...I believed that a relative was respsonsible enough to take care of him for the weekend in hot whether and they found him dead at a fence, trying to get water.....needless to say, it's taken this long to get anywhere near over it and even now, it really bothers me and it stirs things up in me when Obi gets overheated the way he does with his ball.

So yeah, he's truly a "life-changing" animal and it's not just my take. Anyone who spends time with him thanks me for what I've allowed to get from Obi. I just reassure that what he gave you must have been deserving since he doesn't give out his good stuff if he doesn't want to or isn't feeling it....

I LOVE MY OBER AND SCARED NOW AT HOW MUCH HE MEANS TO ME !
That's when I realize that I'll never be over my loss of Gus but I'm making use of ever moment we have with Obi for him to have a great life and to share this with as many as I can including my friends, family, students, and you all here. . . ~ So thanks so much for encouraging our postings here

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
He's so handsome, and I'm so sorry about Gus. My beautiful girl passed just over three months ago, so I know how hard it is.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts