Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there :smile2:
I am new to the forum, I'm looking to meet some people in the Pittsburgh, PA area and learn more about breeding. I can tell you a little about myself, and our family. We have an 8 month old light golden girl, and a 15 month old son. Lilo (our golden) was our sons 1st birthday present and he absolutely adores her, they have such an awesome bond. We had a golden growing up as kids and absolutely LOVED him, so it was the perfect dog for our family. I'm very interested in hearing and seeing everyones goldens please feel free to shoot me a private message or reply back on this thread! :smile2::smile2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,873 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Lilo is beautiful, the pictures of her with your son are beautiful.

You may want to start a thread asking about becoming a breeder. There are some previous threads discussing this, there are quite few members who are breeders here on the forum that will be able to answer your questions.

I did a search and found a few threads you may want to read through-

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...65-how-does-one-become-reputable-breeder.html

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...-grow-up-i-want-golden-retriever-breeder.html

Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Welcome to the forum! How much have you already learned about breeding? Have you joined a local club or do you have a good mentor? Do you have full registration and a nice pedigree? Are you competing in any venue? There is a lot that goes into breeding besides pairing a boy and girl together, so we need to ask lots of questions. I'm hoping to be able to breed my girl after she passes all of her clearances and finishes some titles. It's a long, long process to being a reputable breeder.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome from the Southeast in Georgia. :wavey:

I think beautiful Lilo and young Sir will be best buds. Nothing like growing up with a pooch. :smile2:

Much responsibility comes with breeding. I thought about doing that years ago and after understanding what it takes to do it correctly I quickly changed my mind. Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!

Thank you, all of you who responded! My son says some words such as mama, dada, and of course he calls lilo 'wee wee'. It's quiet funny because whenever he misses her he just yells her name and she comes running! I have much to learn about breeding I am very aware, I thought this would be a great place to learn and start. Thank you for the sharing links on different threads they are VERY helpful. :smile2::smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts