Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chesters Mama Erika
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone =) my name is Erika and i just wanted to introduce myself. Im from new jersey,and next month i will be 20 years old. i attend community college and my major is bio\pre-med. As of now i do not have a golden puppy, because i like to do my research on things before i jump right into it. Ive been hesitating for a while to get a puppy for many reasons but now that I'm stabled in my new apartment i believe i am ready. I am starting now to purchase the basics for my future best friend like bowls,toys,beds,crates,blankets and etc. I just wanted to introduce myself and let people know who i was since now i plan on using this sites information a lot and looking to it for reference.

Im just having a difficulty finding breeders in nj if anyone could help me out it would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Good for you doing the research ahead of time.
I researched and read for about 2 years, but I never actually got to the point of selecting a breeder. Since I had been talking about it so much, my son and his girlfriend just went one day and bought a puppy from someone advertising in the newspaper (BYB) so all that good information I found wasn't ever used.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Welcome to the group :)

Breeder referrals for NJ
http://www.gsgrc.org/pdfs/2012_breederreflong.pdf
Puppy Referral

Depending on how close you are to state lines you can also check surrounding states, too
GRCA Puppy Referral

If you find a breeder you like post their name or website and you will get lots of opinions.

You could also rescue- They are great dogs :)
GRCA - PUPPY OR ADULT
National Rescue Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America

You may also want to think about who will watch your dog when you are in med. school and later residency. Those are long hours. I am a super over planner- I know this is still a few years away but something to think about too.

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Chesters Mama Erika
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the group :)

Breeder referrals for NJ
http://www.gsgrc.org/pdfs/2012_breederreflong.pdf
Puppy Referral

Depending on how close you are to state lines you can also check surrounding states, too
GRCA Puppy Referral

If you find a breeder you like post their name or website and you will get lots of opinions.

You could also rescue- They are great dogs :)
GRCA - PUPPY OR ADULT
National Rescue Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America

You may also want to think about who will watch your dog when you are in med. school and later residency. Those are long hours. I am a super over planner- I know this is still a few years away but something to think about too.
Thank you so much! i found a lot of great breeders from those links.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts