Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. We are the proud new adoptive parents of Patsy. She was the neighbor's dog, and we met her one year ago when they moved here. Patsy was 10 weeks old then, and we have watched her grow to the beautiful dog she is today. Our neighbors decided that they could not care for her, and we gradually started baby sitting, and finally they asked us if we could take her. She loves us (from what I read that is not surprising). We walk her religiously two times a day, and she is wonderful. She is wonderful in the house and patiently awaits our homecoming each evening. I am new to dogs but my wife has had them all her life. I have to say, I am totally smitten. Everything that Patsy does I love and she makes me laugh all the time. She loves to play and has her toys in her toy place, just waiting for the spirit to move her.

I think that her coming into our life was meant to be. I cannot wait to read the forums and learn more about these wonderful dogs.

PS...Here is a picture of our Patsy.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,975 Posts
Now that is the way to introduce yourself....with a picture!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum you will love it here. Just jump right in and post like you have been here 10 years and before you know it you will be. LOL

Again welcome and thanks for taking Patsy into your home. we have wayyy to many going into shelters.

Hooch

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!!!! Smitten?????? Heck, I've just seen a picture of her and I'm in love with her already!!!!! Bless you for "adopting" her and giving her the love and home she deserves. NorCal pack sends ya big ROOOOOOOOOO's!!!!!!

·
Administrator
16,447 Posts
I am glad you found this board and are able to share Patsy picture and story with us. Goldens do have a way of getting right into your heart and soul.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You have been BLESSED !!

From here on you'll wonder why you didn't have a Golden alrready !!!!!

·
Banned
4,311 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, thank you so much for taking Patsy into your home. What a beautiful girl she is. So loving. Look at those eyes. I look forward to more photos and stories about Patsy. Thank you for sharing your photo.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and your beautiful Patsy. It is a wonderful thing that you did bringing her into your home. I can see why you are smitten with her, she is just beautiful.

·
Amber's Owner
2,100 Posts
Welcome!!
Patsy is beautiful and a very lucky girl indeed. What a nice way to acquire a GR. You probably know that already but you sure will have lots of fun times with her.
Our Amber still gets the royalty treatment every day eventhough she has been with us for over a year now. Day after day we love her more and boy she gives plenty back...:)

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
She is lovely! It seems you were both lucky to find one another. I am so glad that it worked out for everyone. Patsy deserves a loving home. It worked out for everyone. Congratulations to all of you! ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you to everyone for the nice comments! I am totally blown away by the number of nice words, but my wife tells me that 'dog people' are that way. Whatever the reason, very nice to meet all y'all!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :) It is just wonderful that you have adopted Patsy! She is beautiful.....I can certainly see WHY she has won over your heart! Please post more stories and pictures of your new addition to your family! :smooch:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts