Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
One of the first members!
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I'm so happy I found this forum. My name is Diana and I come from Argentina, though I'm living in Spain, in Mallorca (this is one of the Balearic Islands, in the Mediterranean Sea) in a small and wonderful town called Pollensa. My hubby is Joan (that is John in catalan language) and we have a beatifull golden girl named, yes, ... Aimé. "Aimé" in mapuche language, -that is a language of indians that live in southern Argentina-, means "that wants to say something", and the truth is that every time I look to Aimé I think she seems to be wanting to say things to me. Aimé now is pregnant, we are expecting the puppies to be here between the 24th of april and the end of the month, and are SOOOOO excited! I hope to interchange impressions about the experience of having puppies with Joe and Vierka; thank you for this wonderfull site and hi to all the members that have introduced themselves, I already read all of them.
Till soon!
Diana
PS: I apologize :( if my english is not the best, I do what I can and evenso I don't write lots of things I'd like to 'cause I can't find the words.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Hi ,

welcome to our new website.
You guys are living in Spain, in Mallorca? That is amazing. Wait till Vierka hears this. I think that is her dream place to live.
Of course you are more than welcome to ask any questions about Aimé's pregnancy.
If you'd like I can also send you a video and talk about all details of Kia's pregnancy.
Once again, feel welcome, post questions, Aimé's pictures and invite your husband too :)

We'll go to Europe this summer, maybe we can setup some visit :)

Joe

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi there!!!!

Thank you for answering so quickly, I'm so glad you like Mallorca, it really is a wonderful place to live, tell me when you're coming! ;)
By the way, I already made my first big mistake, I uploaded some pictures and some of them I did it twice and I just CAN'T find how to erase them, ... would you please tell me how?
Aimé is very well until now, I'm the one that's worried about the delivery :eek: ... will she be able to do it all by herself?
Till soon, and thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Aimé said:
Thank you for answering so quickly, I'm so glad you like Mallorca, it really is a wonderful place to live, tell me when you're coming! ;)
By the way, I already made my first big mistake, I uploaded some pictures and some of them I did it twice and I just CAN'T find how to erase them, ... would you please tell me how?
Aimé is very well until now, I'm the one that's worried about the delivery :eek: ... will she be able to do it all by herself?
Till soon, and thanks!
I've never been to Mallorca, but my wife loves Spain so much that we were and still are considering it as a place to move and live at.
We are going to Europe on 11.June.2005 and will be spending week or two in our country of origin (Slovakia, old part of Czechoslovakia) and than do some travel for another 2 weeks, so we should definitely meet :D. That would be great!!!
Well, regarding Aimé's pregnancy... I wouldn't worry too much, just be prepared for all possible problems.
You should see me tearing apart placenta which Kia couldn't bite through :) uff...
If someone told me before that I will have to do that, I wouldn't believe him...
I would look at Vierka and would make sure she understands how it's done, just so I don't faint somewhere there.
But hey... you'll do anything for your dog and pups.
If you need any more help, ask people in this forum or create a new topic. Our members will help you for sure.

Or message user "Jashley91" : http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/member.php?u=29
She is a breeder from US, and I am sure she will help you out.

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Regarding those pictures. I now enabled a button for registered users to delete their own pictures.

So go back, open the page with the picture you wanted to delete, and there will be an option "image tools" in top right hand corner of the screen (directly above picture) a "delete picture" option
Let me know if it worked. (it should)

Joe

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Diana! I am also called Diana! I am going to Mallorca in September, Alcudia, is it nice there? I think you will find everyone on this site very interesting and friendly, i know i have :D

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Coopersmum

Hi Diana :D , Alcudia is a wonderful place and it's very near my home, some 15 minutes by car, in fact Joan works there. The ancient part of the town is surrounded by a renaisance wall, but I don't know if you're interested in things like that or roman ruins or in the beaches... :rolleyes:, the beaches are my favourites! I'm posting a picture of the feast of Sant Antoni (That's saint Anthony), on january 17th, where you can see the outer side of the wall. One of the traditions is that they bless all the animals you take: birdies, horses, lambs, iguanas o cats and dogs, so we took Aimé and Truc, a brown cocker refugeed at our house because he barked so much at my mother in law's house that the neighbours complained.
I certainly have found everbody in the forum interesting and friendly!!!!
Till soon ... say hello to Cooper

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello !!! :D
I LOVE SPAIN and especially Mallorca!!! Really, I wish we could live there one day. I only need to start learning Spanish... ;)

Vierka

1 - 10 of 10 Posts