Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I am so happy to have joined this forum. The experience and helpful discourse here is truly invaluable. I am on the search for my next golden retriever puppy. I have not owned one after losing mine several years ago. Takes a while for that wound to heal...

Has anyone dealt with Painted Crimson Goldens in NH? I am not an expert so your help and/or patience is appreciated. This breeder scanned the OFA and Pennhip applications over to me for the two dams but....she admitted she has not sent them in and does not have the official certificates and numbers so I cannot look them up on the OFA website. They look like they passed but I’m new to looking at these types of documents. The forms are dated almost a year ago. Why would a breeder hold on to these and not just make it official? She was really upfront about it and scanned over all the paperwork for sire and dam. But....I’m a little lost here.

I also looked into Mardovar Kennels and they seem to be on the up and up!

Any New England recommendations are welcome!

I am trying to learn and become better informed but am totally overwhelmed. I think I’m in the right place! I have read a lot on the GRCA and AKC web sites and their resources are awesome. I have also reached out to my local breeder referral contact and am waiting to hear back. Am I doing the right things?

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,170 Posts
Welcome!

I did a search for the breeder you're asking about and also NH Breeders.

I did not find any threads for Painted Crimson Goldens, I did find a few threads for NH Breeders, the one linked below has the most replies in it.

Members should be able to help you with a referral and answer your questions.

Good luck with your search.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,170 Posts
Welcome!

I did not find any threads for Painted Crimson Goldens, I did find a few threads for NH Breeders, the one linked below has the most replies in it.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Painted Crimson's litter on AKC-
https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?f=sr&appnum=1965623 is the sire- he does not have hips and elbows and his eyes are out of date. There is no way to have hips and elbows 'held' at home, because OFA auto lists passing animals. So if she showed you hips and elbows, they were not real. His dam did not pass elbows, and his pedigree is unexciting.
The dam of the litter's pedigree is a tiny bit better but still not anything to be excited about-http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=1045557 and she has not got the first clearance.
This statement on the AKC ad is a mistruth- "all our dogs have had hips, eyes, elbows and heart certification with excellent results" I always assume if someone 'misspeaks' on something they should know better on, their word is not worth much on something I will be investing my heart and money in. And she checked this:
The applicable health screens have been performed on the sire and dam as recommended by the Parent Club for this breed.. not a misspeak but instead an untruth.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Mardovar is definitely on the up and up. She does a lot with her dogs and they are also beautiful with great temperaments. A friend of mine got one of her pups a few years back - sweet temperament.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!

Thank you so much! That’s very helpful. ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?f=sr&appnum=1965623 is the sire- he does not have hips and elbows and his eyes are out of date. There is no way to have hips and elbows 'held' at home, because OFA auto lists passing animals. So if she showed you hips and elbows, they were not real. His dam did not pass elbows, and his pedigree is unexciting.
The dam of the litter's pedigree is a tiny bit better but still not anything to be excited about-http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=1045557 and she has not got the first clearance.
This statement on the AKC ad is a mistruth- "all our dogs have had hips, eyes, elbows and heart certification with excellent results" I always assume if someone 'misspeaks' on something they should know better on, their word is not worth much on something I will be investing my heart and money in. And she checked this:
The applicable health screens have been performed on the sire and dam as recommended by the Parent Club for this breed.. not a misspeak but instead an untruth.
Oh wow, this was super helpful. Many thanks and so glad to have read this. ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I looked again at her email and it said she did not have the official ofa #s yet since they were done right before the animal turned two and she would have to get them done again. She claimed they passed. She did say Rollo had pennhip, eyes and heart “done“ but I actually didn’t see these. (I checked the link you sent. Thank you. I was confused on how to find this info.) She did send a preliminary report for the Neve, (one of the dams...she has two dams) elbows showing they passed and documents for eyes, heart and pennhip. I am not familiar with this paperwork so I wouldn’t know what it should look like either. Scanned copies. Also, she sent over Sloane’s (the other dam) eyes and heart paperwork indicating they had passed also but this paperwork was not sent in to OFA. So, I may have slightly mistaken what she indicated and I certainly don’t want to give her a bad name, but still, after reading your post and looking at your information I believe that I would choose to look elsewhere....Thank you for taking the time to educate me.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
She still checked the box for 'I have done all the testing' on her AKC ad- which is untrue so whatever she said to you she deliberately marked that box on AKC .
If you want to PM the scan, I can tell you whether it is what she says it is. I think you are wise to skip...

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am in NH and have not heard of that breeder.
I can however tell you Mardovar is a great choice. My dog is sired by Dodi's wonderful boy Flyer. Dodi is a very reputable breeder and produces outstanding puppies.
This is Zaya

1 - 10 of 10 Posts