Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Playful Pup
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm Kimberly, a Golden owner of 9 1/2 years before I lost my beloved dog, Jake, to an inoperable stomach cancer. He was my everything; my other half, animal companion-wise. I miss him terribly.

I've been researching reputable Golden breeders so when the time was right my family and I could welcome another Golden into our home and hearts. And every time I do some research, I always come across various threads on this forum, so . . . I decided to join. I figured I could get some good information from other Golden enthusiasts.

So, hello everyone! It's nice to meet you. :)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome Devon,
Are you planning for a puppy or an older dog?
There is so much info on this site. Please share your wealth of info too.
Karen

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum Devon!!! Glad you joined us. Sorry for you loss, its hard, I know. But he'll always be in your heart.
When your family is ready and you have a pup.....WE love pictures!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very sorry for you loss. You will find lots of info here regarding the selection of your next puppies breeder. Best of luck to you.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I am glad you found us! Welcome.

·
Playful Pup
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, everyone! What a warm welcome. :) (Could I have expected anything less from a Golden Retriever forum, though?)

We're opting for a puppy in the forthcoming months. It's a wonderful experience to raise a Golden from puppyhood, and it would be a good experience for my nine year old son as well. So far, my son and daughter are ready for another Golden. I'm not quite . . . yet. I think I miss Jake too much and need to heal a little while longer. In the meantime, I can cuddle the Goldens at the kennel I work at (part time) and support YGRR.

As for pics--oh yes. :D I'll definitely show the newest member of our family . . . when it comes time.

I'll see you around the forums!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I am sorry for the loss of your golden, it is so hard when you love them so much. You have come to the right place to get help for a new puppy. When you feel up to getting another dog there are some people that can probably help you find a puppy.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome to GRF. I am so sorry that you found us due to the loss of your beloved Jake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts