Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I used to be a member of this forum when it was Chat Golden...or at least I think this is a variation of that forum. If I'm wrong, I know someone will correct me, and I will stand corrected.

I'm Penny from Kentucky, and I have a 4 year old Golden named Murphy. He's the best friend you could possibly want, the most loving dog I have known, and literally, doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I'll add some pictures in later, but if anyone sees Hooch or Jan, be sure and tell them I said Hey!

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I have some sad news for you, you can look through old threads here to see, but Hooch passed away.
Were you PennyWhistle on the other (un named) forum? Post some pictures of Murphy.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. GRF has always been it's own forum but many of us were members of *********** at one time. Looking forward to pictures of Murphy. I really miss Hooch and think of him often.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no...I had not heard that about Hooch, but I have been away for about a year...he was the sweetest man, the best helper, and who taught me about the shakey thing for stopping inside barking. I know he is missed from any forum he belonged to.

By the way, should I edit my post? Is it forbidden to mention another forum in this one? When I saw Kimmm and Hooch's name mentioned in the other section, I thought this was an updated ____ ________!

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I actually thought for some reason we couldn't name (that other) forum because once I used the name in one of my posts and later I saw the name was edited out!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first, welcome back to the forum!
and 2nd, could you pass on Hooch's advice about the inside barking technique!
I need help with my barking puppy!
I sure will, and let me assure you this works. You need a friend to help you so that the puppy doesn't associate the sound with you and think its a game. Take about 10 pennies and put them in a coffee can with a lid. Give the can to your accomplice, and tell them that when you say "no bark!" they are to shake the can vigorously. Then when the barking starts, you shout "No bark" very stoutly and the person shakes the can simultaneously.

I think we did it twice on Murphy before he got the idea, and its beyond rare for him to bark inside now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts