Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hesitate to post this cuz I look so gross, but after seeing it, I am going to do something about it! So, I guess it's a good thing to share in order to make it official.

Anyhew...Yesterday at training I had a friend video our heeling pattern. The gal calling thought I should do the Utility heel, so I went with it and threw in the signals. I lost him a little on the about turn, but otherwise I think he is doing so much better! Thanks again for all the suggestions on my previous thread.

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Okay, here are my two cents for what it is worth.. Looks good but here is what I would have you do if you were my student.. you need to walk a little faster with a shorter stride..Make sense?.. because there was not a big difference in slow time. That would get marked around here.. Might have been the camera angle but you should work on that...you are also easing into the sit. I think you will get a much faster sit if you are moving on the heeling and just stop.I also thinks it makes them pay closer attention.. otherwise nice work! You go girl!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
He's looking good! The only about turn that you lost him a little was the one where YOU dropped your shoulder back and turned to look at him!! The others were just fine.
Great job!

Reactions: DNL2448

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
His attention looks great!!!

·
Kate
21,665 Posts
He has great attention. That's the main thing I noticed<:

Any criticism I can think of is when you started off it looked like he was forging slightly. This showed on the left turns... I think. Maybe practice get-backs or backs before left turns? *Nobody else mentioned this, so it could be my imagination. :)

Again, he looks great<:

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Nope, not your imagination, I noticed it too, his head was well ahead of her leg at first, but then he fixed it which is why I didn't mention it.

He has great attention. That's the main thing I noticed<:

Any criticism I can think of is when you started off it looked like he was forging slightly. This showed on the left turns... I think. Maybe practice get-backs or backs before left turns? *Nobody else mentioned this, so it could be my imagination. :)

Again, he looks great<:

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Nice job! Listen to the experts who have responded. He looks happy and that is important to me.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
He is looking really good!!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
He's looking really good Laura! Be careful about moving your left hand up on finishes, it can become habit real fast.

·
Casey and Samson's Mom
221 Posts
He moves very well...others notice more than I. Nice, happy worker!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts