Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Golden's forever
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past two years my golden girl has had her heat cycle an average of every six months. So far she has not came into heat and she was due to do so in October. I do know that a golden retriever can go up to ten months between heat cycles but i'm also wondering if this is something i should be concerned about. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
bumping up

·
Golden's forever
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the bump. I was hoping for some input on my issue but i guess no body cares to contribute.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
It wouldn't concern me... Mine can vary anywhere from four and one half months to eight months... Some come into heat once/year. Mine are also influenced by each other and if they have been around other dogs in heat. Is this a dog you plan on breeding? Otherwise if you spay her, then there is nothing to worry about. One of my dogs came into heat twice before she was one year of age.

·
Davina
392 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. My dog goes in heat any where from every 8 months to 6 months to 4 months it all changes. One time I had her around my mothers dogs that were in heat and my dog had just had a heat about 2 months earlier but sure enough my moms 3 in heat females set my female into heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts