Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick up Tucker's poop at the dog park the other day and my heart stopped--I saw a round white thing in it. Oh, no! :no: Round worms! :uhoh:

When I bent over to take a closer look, I started laughing. It was one of those itty-bitty bands that my daughter puts on her braces. Crisis solved...he'd licked it up off the floor and it came out the other end. :D

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
These are garbage disposal pups for sure. I have gotten such a kick reading stories of all the things our dogs have eatten. Makes it easier knowing I am not alone.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Outwest

Outwest

So glad it wasn't a worm!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Great job checking up on parasites! I can see how one of those little bands can look so worm like; but most likely if your pet has worms he/she will probably pass eggs which are very difficult to see. The exception is tapeworm segments which are tiny but visible without microscopic examination. Roundworms get their name from the fact that their bodies are round in cross section rather than flat like a tapeworm.

Here's a pic of a canine roundworm (taken from an intestine, not poop) in case Tucker gets a hold of the rest of your daughter's stash.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job checking up on parasites! I can see how one of those little bands can look so worm like; but most likely if your pet has worms he/she will probably pass eggs which are very difficult to see. The exception is tapeworm segments which are tiny but visible without microscopic examination. Roundworms get their name from the fact that their bodies are round in cross section rather than flat like a tapeworm.

Here's a pic of a canine roundworm (taken from an intestine, not poop) in case Tucker gets a hold of the rest of your daughter's stash.
Thanks. I didn't know what they looked like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts