Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Health Clearance / Pedigree Advice

732 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Cnith
Hi all,

We are considering a puppy from a litter with the following parents. Do you have any thoughts on the health clearances and are there any warning signs to be aware from the parents or their lineage? It all seemed ok to me, but reading these OFA records is fairly new to me. I did notice that the Sire (and the Sire's Dam) both had "Fair" listed for their hips clearance.

I grew up with Golden Retrievers but did not have access to this great information through OFA so am less familiar with reading these records. Any help would be greatly appreciated so we can feel good about making the right decision. Thank you!

Sire: HILLOCK'S JACK DANIEL'S - SR81878912
Dam: INFINITE MISS INDEPENDENCE - SS06518702
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Lead Super Mod + Administrator
3,405 Posts
This is a very nice breeding and the breeder is very ethical. I know her personally and she’s a wonderful, kind person. One of my favorites to set up with at shows!

Indi (the dam) is a very good girl with an easy going temperament. Daniel is a super sweet boy that loves to please. The puppies will be beautiful!

Fair is not a failing hip clearance. Fair is passing and there is nothing wrong with Daniel’s or his mother’s hips. You’re good to go on that front!

• Love
Reactions: JerseyChris

· Registered
390 Posts
Mom actually appears to be an OFA "Good," and yes, "Fair" is passing. I also like seeing the ECHO clearance and the updated eye exam - very responsible. My pup from OFA "Fair" and "Good" is an "Excellent," so this can produce very nice hips. Nice pairing!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the extremely helpful replies! While we've owned goldens in the past, we are new to some of this part of the process so the advice is very helpful. We also had a conversation with the breeder yesterday and she seems great - so nice and warm but also responsible and knowledgeable. The litter isn't born yet but we are hopeful that we'll have a new puppy to bring home in the coming months. Will follow up with photos if we do. Thank you all for being so kind and helpful :)

· Registered
2,103 Posts
In digging into the K9data.com site. the dam is related to my girl. They share a great grandmother Pebbles

Reactions: GoldeninPA

· Registered
129 Posts
Puppies can be well trained to listen, men never get that far :p
Depends on the guy and the consistency. There would be no such thing as dog trainers if people could train dogs instead of the current dog trains people trend. Lol.

As for men? Have you seen how some guys can never get enough of some women? I have... The women also tend to have certain qualities... But I digress...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts