Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SunKissed Goldens
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Husband and I are thinking about taking a few of the dogs to Maine for the weekend next week. Can anyone suggest good places to go, etc?

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Anywhere on the coast is beautiful even this time of year. I like Boothbay, Camden, Rockport, Belfast. Or you could come all the way up the Maine coast and have Caue and Oakly show you their stomping grounds.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
You may not want to come right now....we have a TON of snow! I couldn't even get out the front door this morning.

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
We really wanted to go to Maine last summer for a couple of weeks. It was only about 900 miles from Michigan. The gas prices(traveling in a motorhome) slowed us down on those plans:(

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
It's beautiful here in the summer, but I hate the snow. We have about 2 feet right now. It was coming down really hard last night. I'm ready for summer!

·
Simon & Shadow's Mom
860 Posts
We used to summer in Pemaquid... beautiful little town....

I don't think the place we stayed (cabins) allowed pups, though. We're going to have to look into that for this year!

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
Kara, if you want to stay a night at The Inn By The Sea in Cape Elizabeth, you'll love it. http://www.innbythesea.com/They have welcome bags for dogs, and even a doggie room service menu. There's a boardwalk down to crescent beach, but I'm not sure it's passable in winter(?). Ferry Beach in Scarborough is dog paradise, a real maine beach with working lobsterman and dogs officially welcome off leash. Dinner in the Portland's Old Port is fun, and LL Bean/Gritty McDuff's in Freeport is entertaining. The Haraseeket Inn in Freeport is pretty, welcomes dogs, and serves a heck of a Sunday brunch. http://www.harraseeketinn.com/ I'm in Falmouth, and we're available for golden babysitting, kissfaceying,and playing if you need a babysitter to go out to dinner, shop, sight see etc.

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
I was curious if you ended up coming to Maine, and if you discovered any cool places?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts