Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have to say I'm very proud of my boy. He went to my Mom's house with me for Thanksgiving. It's usually a bit of a chore because she is bedridden, except when eating. He's usually a bit rambuntious and I have to keep him gated in the kitchen.

With there being 6-8 people there, I thought it was going to be a long, long day.

Then, as I was unloading him from the car, one of the neighbors said there was already a Golden there. One of the guests had brought her big 4 y/o female with her.

OMG I thought. This is gonna be a nightmare!

It wasn't. My boy was an absolute gentleman the whole time! He only started to jump up once or twice, which we corrected (his biggest behaviour issue), and was 4-paws-down the rest of the 6 hours he was there!

He and the other Golden got along great!

Now, here's the "He did it again" part....

He came in last night, shaking his head back and forth, and banging his head on the floor (carpet, thankfully). Well, I'd seen that before, so I went right for his mouth.

Yep. Another stick, 2-2.5 inches long, wedged tight between his upper gums like a brace.

Reached in, broke it in half, and took it out.

I really wish he would stop that!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
awwwww so glad he made your proud!

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
Whew. Glad you got the stick out. Silly boy. I wish he would stop that too. It sure sounds like he knows where and when to break out the manners :) Glad you had such a good day with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts