Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(2nd photo added later in thread)
Sucker for Gold, his wife, Gracie & Ruby traveled today to stay with us a day. Some of you may recall Gracie is Kadence's litter mate & we met on the forum. My Kuper, is their younger brother & Ruby is a new addition for Sucker for Gold & his wife.
How does the saying go...

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

Top Left Gracie, Top Right Kadence
Bottom Left- Kuper, Bottom Right Ruby

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Looks like everyone behaved and played nicely together. Beautiful photo.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Wow- what a great photo. Can't imagine Tucker ever sitting still long enough for that picture. He would want to play! Love that smile on Ruby's face.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Beautiful group photo.... :)

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
How well behaved they are and even smiling!!!!
We will have a golden party next Sunday when both our daughters are here with Gunner's brothers! I doubt they will pose though, with seven grandkids under age 8 , two of those dogs will be anxious! (Gunner and his brother Kinser)

·
Registered
304 Posts
wow...makes me want more!!!! Just adorable that they all sat there for the pic!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
WOW!!! Stunning... a great pic of a beautiful quartet!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks for inviting us into your home for the weekend Diana!! We had a great time.

Looks like everyone behaved and played nicely together. Beautiful photo.
LOL I will let Dan comment on this.:no:
Ummm...errrr...I have blocked all tramatic events from my mind:uhoh:. The dogs were actually very well behaved.....well, except for one incident. Gracie and Ruby always get a little snack after they have crated themselves for the night. So as were preparing to crate them (all 4 dogs still uncrated), I pulled a small handfull of kibble from a platic bag containing 4 or 5 cups of food. In the process I spilled the bag on the floor. 4 loose dogs...one pile of food...one potentially very bad situation. I cried out an alarm of warning and very quickly everyone grabbed a dog. I cleaned up the pile of food and wiped the sweat from my forehead...I sent out the all clear and the dogs were released.

There was not one piece of food left on the floor, but try to tell the dogs that. They all raced to were the food was a few moments before. In the frenzy to find one single stray piece of food, Ruby (who has some issues) decided to pounce on Gracie...and the fur began to fly. It was UGLY. I quickly got in the middle of the group and seperated Ruby and Gracie. I thought that would be end of it. But as soon as I managed to space between them, Gracie and Kadence were into it and poor puppy Kuper was stuck in the middle.

The whole incident lasted less than 10 seconds and there was no blood and no injuries, but I think all the humans present peed their pants. It was a scary few moments.

What amazed me was how quickly an incident can turn into a melee when a group of dogs is involved. I trusted Gracie and Kadence totally. I would never have thought they would have turned on each other, but I guess when panic insues, every dog is on their on. It gave me a new respect for canine group behavior, and how unpredictable a situation can become when something goes wrong.

In spite of the excitement, we still had a wonderful time. I hope we have many more opportunities to do it again over the the next few years. Next time I will leave the food at home:p:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL I don't think Gracie & Kadence were into it, I think Kadence was trying to protect Gracie from Ruby & poor Kuper hates when anyone misbehaves. By the end I'm not sure who was after who.
Kadence & Gracie & Kuper all seemed to "rough play" well together.
Here is a pic of the 2 littermates

Dan, Kuper was crying at the door after you all left. I even have it on video. We all had fun. Even my oldest, Josh who is 21 said later today how nice it was you guys came & brought the dogs.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Beautiful pictures. I have been trying since Christmas to get a picture of the Goldens, the Basset, and the Boxer (granddog). Haven't managed it yet.

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
great photos!

·
Registered
958 Posts
beautiful photo.how did you manage to do that/
Beautiful pictures. I have been trying since Christmas to get a picture of the Goldens, the Basset, and the Boxer (granddog). Haven't managed it yet.
Diana is a master with the camera (and sometimes a little editing software). Her family also pitches in with photo sessions and without all of them these photos would have been impossible. I think Diana shot about 20-30 photos in about 30 minutes....that's amazing with 4 young dogs. I wish we would have documented the photo session to video...it was a circus, but from the chaos Diana managed to capture some very nice shots.

Dan, Kuper was crying at the door after you all left. I even have it on video. We all had fun. Even my oldest, Josh who is 21 said later today how nice it was you guys came & brought the dogs.
Awwww...tell Kuper we miss him too, but tell him I'm sure we will all get together in the spring.

That sister/friend photo is very touching.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Beautiful photos of four beautiful Goldens!!

~Jackie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts