Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a dog chew stick like this before? We got this from the person we got our puppy from but never asked what it was. I was just hoping someone else had seen it before and knew what it was called or where to find it. Haven't really seen it in the store but I haven't had time to look hard yet.

It is starting to get shorter and I don't want him to run out of it. He loves that little stick and will play with it for a long time. It looks like a real stick at first glance but it is some kind of beef chew that turns into a white bone substance when he chews the ends of it. When it dries it doesn't look so white anymore. It looks like it is something wrapped around the middle if you look at the ends of it. It is hard not soft.

I was just curious if anyone else had seen this before, I would like to find another before this one is gone.

Thanks if anyone can help!

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
It looks like a bully stick to me. They don't have them at Petco/Petsmart but local pet shops might have them or you could get them online. I know amazon has some. Moo is a good brand to use- less odor, staining.

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Bully stick!! A favorite in my house :) (just don't ask what it is made from ;) )

I'm shocked it's lasted you so long.. my two will put away a foot long bully stick within 30 minutes lol

·
Debbie
644 Posts
It looks like a bully stick to me. They don't have them at Petco/Petsmart but local pet shops might have them or you could get them online. I know amazon has some. Moo is a good brand to use- less odor, staining.
Where can you find the Moo brand? Our Petsmart and Petsupermarkets sell bully sticks, not sure of the brand but they are so stinky I won't buy them.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
who is gonna tell her!?! ;-)

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
www.helpingudders.com has the ones that don't smell.

Bully sticks are, well, um, the 'business part" of a bull? Ok, Ok, we are all adults here-bull penis. There, I said it! Ewww!! But my dogs love them, so I buy 'em.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Gross.....Chester loves bully sticks, I didn't know he was chewing on bull penis!!! That dogs need to get off my bed with that thing!!!! I thought it was just the hide from a bull.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Gross.....Chester loves bully sticks, I didn't know he was chewing on bull penis!!! That dogs need to get off my bed with that thing!!!! I thought it was just the hide from a bull.
Haha, I always love the reactions when people find out what it really is. Keeps the dogs happy though.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
The natural pet market around here calls those particular sticks "pizzles", and the braided ones bully sticks. Don't know why, it's the same thing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bully stick!! A favorite in my house :) (just don't ask what it is made from ;) )

I'm shocked it's lasted you so long.. my two will put away a foot long bully stick within 30 minutes lol
at 2 months a 6.5" would last us a week, then by 3 months it was a day or two. now its an hour.

the MIL gave him the 12" one we left out after lunch. she popped in at 4pm and it was gone. completely.

scary part is what happens whne it gets to the last couple of inches do they chew it like gum till its gone or just swallow it whole???

i need to check some of these other links, our local store or "pusher", given it's dog crack, seems to be carrying less and less of them.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
You may be afraid you asked :)

It's probably a Bully Stick. I'll let you google where it comes from :)

Has anyone ever seen a dog chew stick like this before? We got this from the person we got our puppy from but never asked what it was. I was just hoping someone else had seen it before and knew what it was called or where to find it. Haven't really seen it in the store but I haven't had time to look hard yet.

It is starting to get shorter and I don't want him to run out of it. He loves that little stick and will play with it for a long time. It looks like a real stick at first glance but it is some kind of beef chew that turns into a white bone substance when he chews the ends of it. When it dries it doesn't look so white anymore. It looks like it is something wrapped around the middle if you look at the ends of it. It is hard not soft.

I was just curious if anyone else had seen this before, I would like to find another before this one is gone.

Thanks if anyone can help!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
what I want to know is what the ummm, bull's penis, looks like that they get the curly-Q ones from.....
what a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts