Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Has your pup ever done this?

564 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blondie 
#1 ·
We are pretty vigilant about the house training routine. But twice in one day our Maggie which we thought appeared to squat and pee, did not pee. I was feeling all over for the wet spot to clean up and could not find one(dark multi colored rug). This is baffling to me. I don't know if she had an impulse of sorts, a false alarm or what?

#3 ·
I would keep an eye on her and if she keeps doing it but nothing happening, it could be a UTI. Sometimes they also like to keep us on our toes.

#4 ·
I agree with everyone here, watch her. I didn't catch Kirby's UTI until too late and my poor baby was peeing blood clots. It took forever to get her over that infection.

I give her 250mg vitamin C every day to keep her a little acidic. She is always laying out in the dirt and mud. Little girls get it too easily.

#5 ·
This only happened twice the other day. So far, nothing since. I always look assess what comes out of her body, as a nurse, nothing grosses me out except my patients sputum, I can handle everything else. Maggie's urine looks fine, in quantity sufficient and without pain or difficulty during urination. I'll keep a vigilant watch on her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.