Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black lab/golden mix (she just looks like a black golden retriever :)) and she is 5 months. I had her on purina Pro Plan LBP formula, and she was doing great on it...

Until I noticed she was itching a lot, and has horrible gas too :( I went to the vets and she doesn't have fleas and everything else checked out. So I was told that changing her diet would help.

I was looking at changing her to Go! Salmon and Oatmeal formula, and they carry it in the pet store in my area :) has anyone tried this on their puppy?

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
I love the Go! foods. We switched our old border collie over to it when he started going downhill around 10 yrs of age and he immediately did a 180 in health - more energy, hind end shakiness was gone, more alert...it was amazing. The one thing I'm not sure about (and it's probably easy to find out) is if it's an all life stages food. Otherwise I'd be worried about the protein level and calcium-phosphorous ratio for a growing pup. At 5 months, most people are starting to think about making the jump to adult food anyway.

Also...pics please!! From another "black golden" owner - though my guy is a suspected flat coat cross...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of them are all life stages :) which was another reason I was considering it. Do you think 22% protein is low? I feel like its kinda low, but I know someone who feeds her yellow lab pup the same food and he does well.

Go Natural Salmon and Oatmeal Dog Food

that's the food there. There are also other flavors though, some with more protein. I will definitely have to post pictures soon :p:

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Then I'd go for it - like I said, it was unbelievable for our border collie! I'd have put Ranger on it except he liked to snack on our border collie's poop and I didn't want him to start eating his own. Hope it works out for your pup!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts