Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes, Count me in too...If you need anything please PM me. Thank You AbbaDabba!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Let us know if we can help...count me in for anything that can be done from a distance. Until then we will send prayers and best wishes!

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
wow, this is what forums and friends are all about.
i have never seen such stuff anywhere else on the internet to be honest.
everybody give yourselves a big hug.

(((((((((GRF))))))))

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
if I weren't at the end of the world I'd take him in a heart beat...:(

Hope things look up for you soon.
Pudden, I started laughing when I read this- yes, Alaska would be quite a trip for a young dog on his first travel adventure. I thought Maine was far( it is!) , but you win, hands down.

Abby, you are the best! And Rebecca too.

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
i'm so glad this worked out - i'm also in if help is needed

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Therese, I just sent you a message on FB. If there is anything I can do, just let me know! Lots of hugs, prayers, and good thoughts coming your way!

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
How wonderful!

I am lucky two wonderful friends of mine have taken my two younger dogs until after my baby is home and settled, since I cannot walk much and I don't have anyone to watch them for me if I go into labor last minute.

It's great to know we have people like that out there :)

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time- your dog is lucky you care enough to be sure to get him back. It's hard being away from my two pups right now, but I know they're getting more than I could give right now, and they'll be home before I know it. My old Rigby is sure enjoying being the only dog for a few weeks, too! ;)

Anyway... let us know if there is anything else we can do... your boy is in GREAT hands (and paws) with your choice.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Overwhelming...

From Maine to San Diego, from Nome to Jacksonville, from the UK to the US, over 30 people, who I have not had the pleasure to meet, have stepped in with their prayers and support. It's overwhelming. It must be true that in every person who loves this breed there beats a heart of gold. And especially, thank you to Abbydabbydo. I know Harry will enjoy his little trip to "camp" so I can take care of business here.

This is going to be my 1,000th post to GRF. When I joined, I never imagined the friends I would make, how much I would learn, or the fun I would have sharing my life with Harry. Sharing your joys and your sorrows, helping others, creating social groups, sending cards for Christmas and Valentines Day have all been especially rewarding. I know Harry and I will get through this very challenging time--thanks to all of you.

I just want to close by quoting from my very first post to this forum:
“You don’t know what knowing a Golden can do for you until you meet one… and once you meet one, you want one of your own… and once you have one, you just want to talk about it all the time. And now since all you talk about, photograph, celebrate, associate with, etc. is Golden’s and their people, you have to find other people who do the same. So, you join a forum. And, here I am!”

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I wish I had seen this yesterday, not that MA is any closer to Nebraska. However if there is any thing, Hailey, Mitchell, and I could do to help either Therese or Marcy just pm me.

Good luck with what is happening, good friends are such a comfort and help.

Love

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Marcy, you are a darling! That is so great of you, Abby and Finn! Harry will have a blast with the bumpasses!
Oh, I forgot she calls them that! A Christmas Story is my daughter's favorite movie. Every Christmas they seem to run it for 24 hours on a channel here and we just leave it on in the background.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
We're super excited here! Just waiting for an email for Therese. DH took the news without a flinch, which shows the long way he has come with dog lovingdom.

I started the conversation with "honey, could you do me a favor?" which always works. Because he will be the daytime activity coordinator, he needs to buy in. And I had to laugh because I thought he did give it up a little quickly and then he said, "by the way Joe invited me on a long golf weekend in Denver at the end of March, would that be OK?" (Like I'd ever say no!)

I'm just waiting for your list Therese, I know you are working on it. I'm thinking Sunday about 2:00, after I do some work this morning I'll get on google and find a place.

So I do have a forum request, please hope for good weather!

·
<---- Andy Farmer!
5,885 Posts
I could take him. 264 miles, but I could meet you in Des Moines, which would only mean 140 for you and 120 for me. Does he need to be crated in the car? Where does he sleep at night? Is he still crated during the day?

I promise to give him back :) (maybe)
His breeder will take him back in a heartbeat :) Let me know if you want to send him to me.
When I read threads like that--I get all teary-eyed.

Thanks Abbyd. for being there when Forum members are in need. You are an angel.

We'd be more than willing to chip in some $$ for gas if need be (unless the dogmobile runs on something else, like dogbones or somethin..). Just fire off an IM and "I'll make it so...".

:)

SJ
WAY TO GO GUYS!!!! ( and yes I'm yelling!!) :greenboun:greenboun

I thought of Marcy first too when someone mentioned IA. I hope you all have safe travels and Harry likes his new best friends! :)

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Wow, just seeing this thread! SoGolden, I'm sorry you're going through this rough time, but I think you couldn't have asked for a better place for Harry to vacation!! I think it's so wonderful how this worked out.

AbbyDabby, you are wonderful!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Wooohoo!! So glad you got the help from Abbydabbydo that you need.

And yes, if you need ANYTHING let me know...although I'm all the way in SoCal.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I'm so happy this has worked out.... after seeing the kindness of strangers, who are now friends, who have joined together to bring a dog to a forever home from Florida to Canada, from New York to Maine, and (well I may be biased, but my own personal favorite) from Florida to California.. I am not surprised by anything anymore from you guys... you all rock :)

41 - 60 of 90 Posts