Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Omaha area. I am in a situation where I am facing some circumstances that are taking all of the energy I can muster. If there is someone in my area (within a couple hundred miles) who could possibly foster Harry for several weeks PLEEEZE send me a PM to discuss. He is a good boy, typical 8 month old and plays well with others. Thank you.

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this. :( Best of luck with everything, and you are a wonderful owner for being so concerned about Harry.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
aww i hope you get some help with harry. it must be awful to be in that situation.
hopefully one of your forum friends can help you out.

wishing you all the best.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
As I said when we talked earlier, I would take Harry but Gunner does not like other dogs. and Dan, the only other Nebraska GRF person is 500 miles away.

What about his breeder?

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your difficulties. I have sent you a p.m. - please let me know if you don't receive. T.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I could probably help you out for a few weeks, but like Debles said...I'm 500 miles away. Hopefully someone from Iowa will pop on and be able to help you out or some one else on the forum has a good relative or family friend they can recommend. Besides, if we had another dog for a couple weeks I'm not sure my wife would ever let it go home.

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
SO sorry to hear.. I too would take him in no time but I live in Ontario,can.

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
If you feel like you could put Harry on Delta Dash, I will watch him for a few weeks. Did you once say you have a college-age daughter? Maybe Harry could stay with her? Breeder?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Oh man I wish I was closer. I would love to help you out. Would you consider a transport to get Harry to a foster home if the breeder or your daughter couldnt take him?

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
I could take him. 264 miles, but I could meet you in Des Moines, which would only mean 140 for you and 120 for me. Does he need to be crated in the car? Where does he sleep at night? Is he still crated during the day?

I promise to give him back :) (maybe)

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
abbydabs, you are wonderful. I've been reading this thread and trying to figure out a way to help, but wasn't able to come up with anything. You're the best.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts