Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My girl is 5 months now and just grew out of her last harness, and I'm hoping now I can get her something a little nicer quality (and maybe more stylish!) and it will still fit when she's grown. I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but just a hope! When I measure around her chest she's 25", like '3' here:

Her mom weighs 55 lbs, so I'm guessing she'll be around the same when she's fully grown. I would so appreciate it if anyone with a fully grown Golden girl in a similar weight range could post a measurement of their girl's chest. Harness suggestions are also welcome. She's great on the leash so it doesn't need to be designed with pulling in mind, I'm also hoping for something that can double as a car safety harness.

Thanks! Here's my Cricket. :)

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Chloe is wearing the same easy walk harness we got her at five months. She is 64 lbs and full grown and is still in the medium. She was 48 lbs at six months. We always hook her seatbelt clip to the harness.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It does depend on her weight now, she doesn't look too big. My Elsa's dam weighed 55 lbs too, but Elsa hit 62 lb by 6 months. After that you can add about another 8-10 lbs full grown for a female. Elsa is in the same harness we bought her at 5 months though. It just fit her then, with all the straps as small as they could be. I think the weight range for it was 45 to 70 lbs. At 8 1/2 months Elsa is around 65lb, maybe more, and her chest measures 30". I got the Canine Equipment Harness. it is for pulling issues too, but still a really good harness and we use it for in the car when she grew out of the one meant for being used in the car. I watched a consumer's report that showed the harnesses sold for car safety have no proper standards to meet and most brands failed in testing. Plus we now have the same metal clips that are used by rock climbers in the truck instead of cheap ones. Not sure what stylish means but here is a couple of pictures of Elsa in her CE harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the help Cpc1972 and Elsa Cholla's Mom! Great to know that both of your girls are still fitting into the harness they got at 5 months. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts