Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ivy went home with an approved Golden Retriever rescue foster home and former adopter, who loves seniors! They took all her bloodwork and will continue her care. I am so happy I could cry. They accept and love her fat and all.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Great news for Ivy! Are they keeping her for good or just fostering her? I must have missed an update on Ivy....how was her vet appointment? I would have to assume it went well since she is being adopted!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
So pleased for Ivy she looked a lovely dog

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Yay! That is such wonderful news

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
That is wonderful news!
Of course they love her fat and all - who wouldn't. She is so sweet and cute.;)

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is. I surprised myself. I burst into tears when they drove away. She jumped right into his truck (inside, of course!)

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
They must be angels! But she is truly beautiful and who wouldn't love that sweet face?
I am so happy for you all!!!!

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are angels. They lost two seniors this year, at least on of which was adopted as an older dog. Both died of osteo.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I know you know that Ivy has a great home and will have a wonderful life with her new family, but I'm sure it was hard to let her go. The tears are perfectly understandable.

Any chance we might get a picture of her later? that would be wonderful.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I am so happy to hear your update on precious Ivy! She is just so adorable, and I can sure why they adopted her! What very special people they are, to take in these wonderful Golden Oldies! They still have so much love to give, and ask so little in return. Bless her, may she have all the love she has missed!:smooch:

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am still sad- but happy! I really REALLY miss her. She's so vocal and so, um, large... that her absence is painful. I really love her. I'm so happy for her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts