Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was Daisy's gotcha day here. Officially we didnt adopt her till July but we have chosen this day because she stole our hearts the day we brought her home. She had heartworms and it was a long road getting thru them with alot of pain. Before coming here she was abused badly by someone that should have known better.
Here is her original thread
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=54350
Tim was not here so we will get some more Frosty Paws or some other goodies this weekend when he is home. When we picked her up they said she was around 8 years old. She does have some quirks but we couldnt love her any more than we do. Here are some pictures of yesterday and the shredfest. I picked up some toys from Big Lots pretty cheap because they love to rip them to shreds as you will see from the pictures.
We Love You Daisy Duke Very Much!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Happy gotcha day Daisy,that would be Honeys idea of puppy heaven having all those toys to shred you landed on your paws sweet girl.

·
where the tails wag
13,362 Posts
Have a great Gotcha Day Daisy - enjoy all those toys :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah the little dog in the last picture is Opie. I have some other pictures that I will load up later tonight. he is looking so much better.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Happy Gotcha day Daisy!!! You have made your mommy and daddy so happy :)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Happy gotcha day Daisy! It sure looks like you all had fun, fun, fun with the toys.

Daisy sure has a sweet, lovely face and Opie looks like a different dog he has improved so much!.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Wow how time flies!! Happy Gotcha Day beautiful girl, it looks like a wonderful celebration !

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day sweet Daisy! :D You're so gorgeous! Lolll I just love the 2 pics with the ripped stuffed dukie! With Pawley's expression ''It wasn't me, I swear!'' :p:

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Daisy, you are a very lucky girl.
Carol, I have a recipe for Frosty Paws, very easy to make and cheaper!

Homemade Frosty Paws

1 Quart plain or vanilla yogurt
1 Banana or 1 lg. jar banana baby food
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. carob powder (optional)

If using fresh banana (ripe) mash well....mix all ingredients until well blended. Food processor or blender works well. Place into small bathroom sized cups and freeze.
Once frozen you can store in plastic bag. The great thing is you can play with recipe and add stuff that your dog likes.

ENJOY!!!!!

Great pictures!

June

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Daisy! I'm sure you know how lucky you are to be rescued and to be adopted by such a great family with great humans and canines! Enjoy your day!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Daisy your our one lucky girl to have been rescued by Carol :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is funny is she didnt rip any of the toys apart. Bama and Opie did the destoying. And then today Bama and Opie ripped two more of them. And they ripped apart her pink toy today. so we are down to one duck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts