Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my beautiful girls were born on the same day, November 24th, just 15 or so years apart. :) I think Flora would have liked Carmella, she was a sweet and gentle soul.

Unfortunately my pictures of Carmella aren't too great, but I want to post some anyways. If she were still around she'd be 18 years old.

And here's Flora from one of the first days we got her to just a few days ago!

All grown up:

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Happy birthday to both your girls!
Great shots of both of them. Carmella does look like she was a very sweet soul. And Flora... she's just absolutely beautiful. What a pretty girl!

I know what you mean, too. I wish Riley could have known our Cooper. I think he would have been one dog that Riley would like!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Happy birthdays to both girls. I'm sure Carmella is enjoying Flora from the Bridge. That is really special they share the same birth date. It's not the same but I shared the same birth date with Barkley. It was fun to celebrate together, but last year, after he passed away just 30 days previously, I wanted it subdued and spent in quiet reflection. I had hoped and prayed he would make it to his 13th birthday, but it wasn't to be.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pics of your girls!! Happy early Birthdays!

(On a side note - we had that same toy for Belle when she was a puppy)
Yep, I think we've owned 3 generations of that toy! Flora loves all the squeakers in it.

Happy birthday to both your girls!
Great shots of both of them. Carmella does look like she was a very sweet soul. And Flora... she's just absolutely beautiful. What a pretty girl!

I know what you mean, too. I wish Riley could have known our Cooper. I think he would have been one dog that Riley would like!
Yeah, Carmella would have been the perfect dog for Flora because she was never too dog crazy, but was always gentle and polite around dogs. It's a shame they never met and that Cooper and Riley never met.

Happy birthdays to both girls. I'm sure Carmella is enjoying Flora from the Bridge. That is really special they share the same birth date. It's not the same but I shared the same birth date with Barkley. It was fun to celebrate together, but last year, after he passed away just 30 days previously, I wanted it subdued and spent in quiet reflection. I had hoped and prayed he would make it to his 13th birthday, but it wasn't to be.
That must have been a hard birthday for you. :( I hope you can celebrate your future birthdays by celebrating his memories! That's what I do with Flora's birthday - it's bittersweet because Carmella's birthday is the same day, but I use Flora's birthday as a way to celebrate Carmella's life.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Happy birthday to both of you!

Reactions: Florabora22

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Happy birthday girls!!!!! Both are very pretty!!!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Happy Birthday!

I've always loved your sig picture of Carmella. She looks like such a peaceful soul.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Happy Birthday to your sweet girls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts