Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it also would be Carmella's birthday today, I opted not to post this in the puppy thread.

Carmella and Flora were born on the same day, just 15 years apart. :) Flora is 1 today, and Carmella would have been 16. I think if Flora had had the opportunity to meet Carmella they would have been very good buddies.

Raising Flora has been a true growing experience for me. It started out really rocky, but things have gotten so great with her. We still have our issues with her physical problems, but that will never stand in the way of how much I care for her. It's a bittersweet day, but a good day.

I don't have any recent pictures of Flora, which is a shame b/c she got groomed last Friday and looks fabulous (minus the fuzzy leg and patch on her side), and unfortunately my computer isn't behaving right now and refuses to let me upload older pictures of her. I will try to upload them later.

We celebrated her birthday with a new toy that she hopefully won't gut, and some doggy ice cream! I also took her on a rainy hike through our local nature preserve, which she was thrilled about since she hasn't been out too much due to her surgery.

I also want to say happy birthday to Flora's littermates - Lucky and Butter!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Happy Birthday Flora!! And special wishes to Carmella. I am sure that she would be so glad that Flora is keeping your life full of love and happiness. I hope you get your computer issues sorted out soon so that we can see pictures of your beautiful girl.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Happy Birthday Flora & Carmella. :party2::party:
Both having the same birthday, how cool is that!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Happy birthday sweet Flora, and I'm sure Carmella sent you Flora on her birthday for a reason!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Happy Birthday Flora and Carmella. I hope you are remembering all the good times you had with Carmella today.

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Happy Birthday sweet girl!! And good memories of Carmella on this special day.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is so sweet that they share the same birthday and I think makes Flora even more special. I know that Carmella was there to share the puppy ice cream with Flora on their special day. Hopefully your computer will decide tomorrow you can upload the pictures so we can see Miss Flora all grown up.

Happy Birthday Girls!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts