Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Our First Golden
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby girl went swimming for the first time last week - at Fiesta Island, an awesome, HUGE, off-leash site on Mission Bay in San Diego. SO proud of her and she couldn't get enough of it... TOO fun!! :D

Attachments

·
Our First Golden
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pictures...........Hannah looks so happy and in her element.
Nice to see ya again!
Thanks Tennyson! Great to be here! And she had an absolute blast! Even after I ended the play time because I could see her tiring, Hannah still wanted to go-go-go! :D

San Diego was awesome... so many dog-friendly places to go. We even went for cocktails at the ritzy outside lounge at the Hotel del Coronado! LOL! Dogs aren't allowed *in* the hotel, proper, but she was able to make herself right at home on the couches beside the firepits. And tons of people wanted to pet and visit with her... many said they had Goldens back home that they were missing while traveling. So nice. :)

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
That Coronado is some shack isn't it?
SD has always been my favorite on the west coast. Perfect weather and about 100,000 navy guys helps.
For some reason when people see a layed back goldie they seem to turn to mush.
Sounds like you had a great time.

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's great! I bet she had so much fun. And she probably slept for the rest of the day.

Now that she knows how much fun swimming is, make sure to be careful that she doesn't just randomly jump into bodies of water that you happen to be walking by. :)

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,439 Posts
Hey there Hannah's mom,

Great pictures-sure can tell Hannah had a blast! She sounds like my boy when it comes to swimming, he never wants to get out of the water either. He'd stay in the water until he dropped.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to SD so much, sounds like you'll be planning a return trip in the near future. SD sounds awesome!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Although we are grieving the recent loss of our best friend, Kodiak, the pictures of Hannah are wonderful and remind us that Kodi's favorite exercise was swimming. Indeed, even in winter when the nearby reservoir iced over, Kodiak would find an open area and go swimming. When he exited the water, he even had icicles hanging from his coat and seemed unfazed as we walked and dried off over the mile trek back to our parking spot.

·
Our First Golden
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! It was just the best! And yep, we'll be going back there again! My friend did some research on smaller condos while we were there... I can take Hannah back on my own (again in the off-season) to a one-bedroom rental for just $500 per week! Hubby may be taking care of our kitty cat a lot going forward! LOL

Qontry, Kodiak was so beautiful. I'm very sorry for your loss... It must have been spectacular watching him! Love the icicles story! HUGS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts