Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallie turned one on August 18th, so I’m starting a new thread for her out of the puppy section.
We are taking our CGCA classes right now, and I really like the instructors approach. She wants us working above the standards of the test in class.

Hallie has been going to stores and coffee shops that allow dogs a few times a week so we can practice more distracting training. She also does the school drop off and pick up lines with me every day. Our biggest distraction in public training is probably people that want to pet her and give her treats.
Dog Plant Carnivore Tree Fawn

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Road surface Asphalt

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Road surface Pet supply

Smile Dog Carnivore Comfort Car

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I trained Hallie at the playground last night and the pet store today. She really did well both places, and I’m especially happy with her progress at the pet store. She wasn’t even lunging or pulling toward the birds and rabbits, and that used to be a hassle when I took her there. Today she was able to lay down and follow commands by their cages.
Dog Blue Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

Dog Road surface Carnivore Fawn Automotive tire

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a really fun training session with Hallie today. This is her second time seeing this trainer, and we practiced going under water to find toys. She had tons of fun and it made for some funny pictures (the instructor took them). I can definitely see a lot better in these pictures than I do in person that she needs her nails trimmed, so tomorrow will definitely be a grooming day.
Water Underwater Underwater diving Blue Azure

Water Underwater diving Blue Azure Fluid

Water Underwater Fluid Fin Marine biology

Water Liquid Fluid Organism Mammal

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hallie had her first agility class last night and she really loved it. She was following two cues together on her second turn (tunnel and over a little jump) and just having a blast. She was confident and enthusiastic for each piece of equipment she was introduced to. She did not pass her CGCA, but we will keep working on the skill that didn’t make the cut and try again later. She did take her TKN test to get that out of the way and we’ll start working on things from the TKI list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts