Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I noticed Tess wasn't her usual self: whining when I took her outside, not wanting her lunch, just sleeping in her crate...All of a sudden she came into the kitchen where I was reading the newspaper, and started vomiting. First a pile of kibble, then another ...by the fourth time I was on the phone with Rose, my breeder, who confirmed my idea that this was not normal. When I reached the vet, she had been vomiting 8 times, no kibble anymore, just bile.
She was still reasonably alert, but after her exam ( pulse and temperature normal, no pain indication during the belly and stomach exam), the vet gave her an IV, a pepcid and medicine. They had taken her to the back and told me to wait, but no way was I going to stay there while they were treating her. She ripped out the first IV because of stress, so I told the vet that I wanted to hold her myself. I took her in my arms and then they put in the next IV, in her back so she couldn't reach it. That hurt! But she stayed in my arms, a little whining, but not too stressed anymore. I've got to feed her little bits of boiled rice and boiled ground beef for about 5 days, as long as she's on medicines. I hope that she won't keep vomiting, that is really is just some bacterial infection and not something she ate. If she keeps vomiting, I've got to go back and they'll X ray her.
At the moment she's sleeping next to me....

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Oh how scary!! I'm so sorry you are going through this with your little girl :( I too, hope that the medication will clear everything up and she will be back to her normal self very soon!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Poor baby. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. Come on Tess... get better, being sick is NO fun!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
poor puppy, and poor you. They do like to worry us, don't they? I hope she gets better fast!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
Sorry to hear that about your baby.....hopefully she'll be feeling much better soon!!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh I so hope your baby Tess will be feeling better real soon! :smooch: No more vomiting sweet girl. Please keep us posted....I hope she has a good evening, with no more problems.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Oh, poor Tess! Did the vet take a stool sample to run tests for worms, parasites, etc.? Pups can come home with different things (Giardia, Coccidia, etc.) that could be causing these symptoms.

Hope she feels much better soon!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Poor baby girl! I hope she's already on the mend.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Poor baby. I hope she is back to feeling 100% soon.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I hope Tess is back to normal soon.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She seems to be doing better. She had over a period of 3 hours 3 small portions of the rice and cooked ground beef, and she's not vomited. She even played for a while, but was tired rather quickly. I hope the results of her stool sample will be in, tomorrow (I did indeed remember to bring that with me this afternoon). Tomorrow we'll take it easy!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I hope that it is just a bacterial infection and Tess is on the road to recovery. They can scare us so fast. Please give her a big kiss for being so brave with the IV.

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Here's hoping that you are feeling better, Tess Buppy!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts