Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate shaving Goldens, but I had to break down and shave several spots on Holiday. The knee joint spot I mentioned before (but it X rayed perfect!) and she looked rather ridiculous. Then I noticed a rash (not a hot spot, just a bizarre rash!) on the other side of her body, so I clipped it down to check it out and clean it.

I ended up shaving several patches throughout her coat to examine and clean these little red areas. She looked ridiculous, so I just clipped her down. She is so happy and goofy (more than before, which is saying something! :p: )

I'll definitely be looking forward to the coat returning! Comfort me...

Her skin is already improving, and she is very happy and cute. But I am sad. :no:

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I'll bet she is still a Golden, it's only hair, she is still Holiday! It will grow, you did the right thing. Maybe she should get a new coat until her hair grows back, the all the other puppers will be jelous!

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Jenna when we adopted Robbie his skin was so infected we had to shave him down. It helped tremendously, the hots spots and sores healed quickly without the coat to trap the moisture and infection.

The pictures uploaded out of order, but Robbie went from the second picture, to the first picture fairly quickly. Holiday's coat will grow back and be glorious!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I think Robbie was one of my reassuring pics when I lst got a naked Bridger!

Our old guy will yearly have to get a spot shaved (is it a hot spot? I don't know-he get cortisone shot 1x/yr). Anyway, that spot blends in quickly while it's growing back

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
As long as she is happy and feeling goofy all is well.
She might be glad to be sans coat since she lives in Tampa.
I miss Florida. I live in Palm Bay for 5 years and then Lakeland for anotehr 5. I love where I live now, but I do not like the cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts