Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Gus

Gus is just breathtaking!

What a gorgeous boy!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It takes a good dog mom to give her boy enough exercise to make his tongue that darned long. He looks like he had a wonderful day.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I don't think he could be smiling any bigger!! What a happy boy :) Thanks for sharing - made me smile too!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
What a handsome happy boy.
Where were you? Up on the blueridge parkway somewhere?
Looks like you had a good day.

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Great pics and I liked the other hiking pictures you posted too! Where were you guys? Love the openness of the fields and hills so you can see what's coming towards you!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks really nice! Is it a park? There weren't any problems being offleash? It's a drive for us, but it just looks so nice. :) We were thinking of going camping soon anyway!
It's part of Pisgah National Forest, but I don't think it's a part of any specific park. No problems being off leash, with it being so open, we could see anyone coming and put him back on the leash if needed. Almost everyone we passed that had dogs had theirs off leash too, so I think most people do it. I would never do it if it were just me and Gus, but my husband's got a magic whistle, and Gus will stop whatever he's doing and run back!

Here's a website I found with info: http://www.hikewnc.info/trailheads/pisgah/pisgah/black.html. It says you can camp anywhere as long as the campsite already exists. There were a couple we passed that had beautiful views! We were hiking on the Art Loeb Trail, but we probably only went a mile or two in and then came back, so I bet there are plenty of campsites. Let me know if you go. I'd love to try it out too.

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Thanks Marjory!! We're more "car camp" people, so I don't think we'd use the back country camp sites. More than likely we'd camp at a nearby campground then hike out. We bring way to much stuff! :)

I rarely do off leash by myself either (well, I did at the beach recently). I'm always more comfortable with DH along!

Thanks for the link!

It's part of Pisgah National Forest, but I don't think it's a part of any specific park. No problems being off leash, with it being so open, we could see anyone coming and put him back on the leash if needed. Almost everyone we passed that had dogs had theirs off leash too, so I think most people do it. I would never do it if it were just me and Gus, but my husband's got a magic whistle, and Gus will stop whatever he's doing and run back!

Here's a website I found with info: http://www.hikewnc.info/trailheads/pisgah/pisgah/black.html. It says you can camp anywhere as long as the campsite already exists. There were a couple we passed that had beautiful views! We were hiking on the Art Loeb Trail, but we probably only went a mile or two in and then came back, so I bet there are plenty of campsites. Let me know if you go. I'd love to try it out too.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Beautiful Red Boy !

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Beautiful pictures of Gus. I love that fourth of him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts