Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm so sorry that I haven't been on here since June. I've had a rough 6 months. Honey was throwing up off and on for several months maybe once a day. Then, one day it was all day/night. I took her to ER and they did xrays and ultrasound. Her spleen and liver were enlarged. They thought it was cancer. Took a few biopsies and blood and sent it out. NO CANCER. The vet was kind of scratching his head because we don't have an answer as to why. They loaded her down with steroids and also gave me medication to give her. The throwing up stopped for several months until this past Wednesday. She found a small bar of soap and ingested most of it. The throwing up began all over again and this morning there was blood in it. We went to the ER at 1:30 a.m. to have her checked out. xrays looked ok and physical exam was good. He gave her fluids and also and injection for the nausea. I also have to give her medication for four days till it's all cleared up.

Gunner had his 2 year cancer check up and all was good. He also had a mass on his eye lid that was under it and coming around to the front of it. I had it removed and biopsied and all was fine.

I have had a few health issues but am handling them. My basement flooded on May 1st so I had to deal with that a good part of the summer and am just now getting things back to normal. I didn't feel good enough to work on it with my headaches, etc. I'm getting a procedure done third week of October. Hopefully we will all be on the mend.

These are the newest pictures of my kids.

003.jpg

008.jpg

004.JPG

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,354 Posts
Good to see you again, you certainly have had a lot to deal with the last 6 months.
Enjoyed the pictures of Honey and Gunner, they look great. My two favorites are of them at the gate and looking at the window.

Let's hope everything goes smoothly for you all the rest of the year.

·
Registered
544 Posts
So happy for all of you and you shall very well take care of yourself for Honey & Gunner as well.
They are lucky and sometimes Universe makes us this silly jokes and Honey even starred in a soap opera as I have read:))) How lucky they are to have you

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Good to see you again! So sorry to hear about the rough few months. The pups are looking great and hope you’re all back to feeling your best soon!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow. Please take a moment to focus on yourself and get through your procedures. It’s so hard to deal with things coming at you from every direction. Whatever that “one thing” is that helps you relax and center, try and fit it in more often.
Wish you and those pups the best.
Heather

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Good to see you again! Beautiful photos.

·
Super Moderator
17,091 Posts
Great to see the lovely photos of your pups. Sorry you've had alot to deal with recently, I hope the next few months bring an easier time for you.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm only able to access GRF from my computer. I've never been able to sign in on my phone or I-Pad so that is part of the problem being on here as much as I would like...Computer always works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts