Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Sweet Dusty
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the Golden Retriever Club of Canada Western Regional Specialty. There were 96 goldens entered in conformation and another 76 or so in obedience and more in agility. Dusty was entered as a special in conformation and in the gun dog class. Well he was up against some pretty stiff competition in the conformation ring - 19 specials, he made all the cuts but alas didn't win the breed. But he did win the Gun Dog class. WHOOOO HOOOOO! And Mr. Nugget was very proud of his ol' daddy. Right now Dusty is sawing logs after a hard day of showing, and getting ready to do it all over again tomorrow. LOL

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congratulations to you and Dusty. he sounds like he is an amazing dog. Good luck tomorrow.

·
RIP Sweet Dusty
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Dusty took the Gun dog class again today, but stupid us, left not realizing he should have stayed for group judging for the all retrievers! (Yesterday was only for goldens so there was no group judging). I can't believe we were so stupid! You'd think we were newbies at this - well in this class we are. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.:doh:
Sorry, we didn't do any pics.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Way to go, give them heck tomorrow..

·
RIP Sweet Dusty
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HA HA!! Just got home again. I discovered after my post that group judging hadn't even begun so I raced off back to the show at breakneck speed. Turns out we had a 3 hour wait for group judging. Well it was worth the wait. He won Best Gun Dog in a Multiple Breed Specialty. The darn ribbon is bigger than his Best in Show ribbons, and boy are we happy folks tonight!
Tomorrows another day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts