Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
I lived in Scotland for a couple of years, wish I could have gone. It looks amazing, I hope you get to go!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swish, I hope I get to go, too! And you're still in the UK, right? C'mon... :)

Stacey, if I go I'll be taking lots of pictures!

Jennifer

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
There is a facebook page that has many members from the UK. Look for: Working Golden Retrievers. They post often about field trials in the UK and golden retriever events in the UK.

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
Swish, I hope I get to go, too! And you're still in the UK, right? C'mon... :)

Stacey, if I go I'll be taking lots of pictures!

Jennifer
I'm pretty much as far away as I can be down in The West Country, but maybe one day I'll get back up there!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going and I have been to the previous 2 gatherings. It is a really great few days meeting old friends, chatting and very sociable One not to be missed Annef
Thanks for your input! It does look fantastic. That picture of 100+ goldens all together... heavenly!

Jennifer

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
Hope you will come and say hello. Will have 2 dogs with em but not are which two yet!! Annef
Maybe the cake stealing culprits Anne?!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, cake stealing? Sounds like a story there!

I'd love to meet anyone here who's going. When the time gets closer I'll find a big hat or something and post a picture here so I'll be recognizable since my dog really won't be. :)

Jennifer

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alas, I will not be able to go after all. But it's for a fun reason... I got a sweet little puppy last week!

Well, he isn't really mine; I'll be raising him for about a year for Guide Dogs for the Blind. He's 3/4 lab, 1/4 golden retriever. I wasn't sure how 10-year-old Delilah would handle it because she's been an only dog for so long, but she's pretty good with him (meaning she essentially ignores him).

Those of you who are going to Guisachan, have a fantastic time and please post a picture or two!

Jennifer

Attachments

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
Alas, I will not be able to go after all. But it's for a fun reason... I got a sweet little puppy last week!

Well, he isn't really mine; I'll be raising him for about a year for Guide Dogs for the Blind. He's 3/4 lab, 1/4 golden retriever. I wasn't sure how 10-year-old Delilah would handle it because she's been an only dog for so long, but she's pretty good with him (meaning she essentially ignores him).

Those of you who are going to Guisachan, have a fantastic time and please post a picture or two!

Jennifer
He's such a cutie, well done you, I don't think I'd ever be able to part with him though!

·
goldenfan
673 Posts
Wonderful week celebrating the 150th anniversary of the breed at Guisachan. The torchlight walk with a lone piper welcoming the dogs and humans to their ancestral home still gives me goosebumps, the sight of 361 goldens all in one place, sat in front of the ruins of the house was fantastic, not to mention the dinner dance, the fabulous Scottish evening where we laughed till we cried and last of all the show. A very special week with many many thanks to the Golden Retriever Club of Scotland committee for organising yet another fantastic gathering.
We will all have our own special memories of the week and Maddie will probably remember the 4 beef burgers she stole!
Annef

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
How wonderful, what a fabulous time you had. Do you have pictures?. Love that Maddie was behaving like a typical golden!.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like it was wonderful! The torchlight walk sounds very special -- I imagine it would have given me goosebumps, too! Thanks for posting about this!

Jennifer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts